1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exmark WB RAD Tech Snow Blower Attachment

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by CrewKut, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrewKut

CrewKut Junior Member

48" Exmark walk behind snowblower attachment made by RAD Technologies. Moves an incredible amount of snow. Don't park your Exmark for the winter, make it generate income all year long. The Exmark is not for sale, just the snowblower and attachments. Includes the Quick Hitch setup and everything needed for mounting to your mower. Also included is the operator's manual which includes mounting and setup instructions and parts list. The Quick Hitch makes it easy to mount the snowblower or other RAD Tech attachments to your mower.

Two stage snowblower clears a path 44 inches wide. Auger is 13 inches in diameter. Clear a sidewalk in a single pass! Except for a couple of paint scratches, this unit looks and runs like new, it has been used about a half dozen times. This unit cost over $2500.00 new with quick hitch. I'm asking $1100.00 obo.

Wanted to offer it here before it goes on Craigslist. Below is a link to a video I made of the blower running and a link to the Rad Tech site. Turn the volume down before viewing the video.
    Snowblower Video
    Rad Tech

Thanks,
    Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Please shoot me a PM with a name and number and ill be in contact with you first thing tomorrow morning. Or tonight If Its not too late to call.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  3. CrewKut

CrewKut Junior Member

ford6.9,
    PM sent

Thanks,
    Dan

4. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

will this only work on a walk behind?

5. CrewKut

CrewKut Junior Member

It was designed for the Exmark, but if you are handy, I'm sure it could be adapted to something else. Not sure what you had in mind.

The quick hitch is the part that bolts the chassis of the mower. The blower is independent and connects to the hitch with the flip of the locking lever. Belt connects same as mower deck belt. Simple drive engage linkage for the auger.

I'm sure it is possible to adapt the quick hitch to another drive unit. It probably would require some fabrication.

Thanks,
    Dan

6. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I've got one that fits on a ransomes walk behind. Worst investment I ever made. Not sure if your machine is a belt drive or not Krew cut. Mine was a belt drive and I ended up pushing it around.
    When it worked properly it moved a lot of snow though.

7. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

How maneuverable is that thing? Are there transport wheels under that blower? It looks cumbersome. I have a 52" Turf Tracer of the same vintage and I am local, so I'm seriously asking.

8. CrewKut

CrewKut Junior Member

Turfscape,
    It actually maneuvers pretty well. Like anything else, it takes a little getting used to, but not too much. There are no transport wheels. The blower rides on adjustable skid shoes. When the need arises, (like to start it up a trailer ramp) I put my weight on the handles and tilt the blower back a little. Steering is a lot like with the deck on, but there is a little more weight out front. Overall, it is not difficult to handle.

Dan

9. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Where is SE MI exactly?

10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

11. CrewKut

CrewKut Junior Member

Milford - 48381

Dan

12. CrewKut