1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

exhaust system

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by richard lepech, Feb 18, 2002.

1. richard lepech

richard lepech Junior Member

If i want to take off the original exhaust system on my 1981 full size blazer and install headers do i have to reinstall the converter back into system. thank you all for the help

2. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Yes you have to install a "cat" back into the system to make your truck "street" legal. You will have to make sure that the new headers meet emission requirements too, such as having ports for the air tubes for your smog pump. Do you have to have your truck emission tested ? Here in Illinois they will sometimes check under the hood and truck to see if anything is missing or changed from what their system ID tells them to look for. (such as missing converters; air pumps & tubes etc.) Find yourself a good legal header and free flowing converter & exhaust system, you'll save yourself a few headaches down the road.