1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exhaust Studs Broke

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jaysled, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

I have a 2009 F-350 V10. I brought it into the shop for a ticking noise and the told me I have two exhaust studs broke on each side. They are replacing them under warranty truck has 23,000 miles. Is it normal for them to go so quick? I know that it is common on this motor but I thought it happened on higher mileage trucks? At least it is under warranty.
  2. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure they use the stainless studs. Happens all years and miles. Search the Ford Discussion for exhaust manifold studs. There are many posts on this. I even post the part numbers. Note the stainless studs are copper color.
  3. gman4ever15

gman4ever15 Junior Member

Manifold bolts & warranty

For some of you that may be out of the Ford famous 5 yr 60k p.o.s. warranty, they should cover the manifold bolts under emissions warranty which is 5 yr 100k. I just had my 08 F-450 6.4L (2nd motor at 62k) serviced out of regular warranty for the manifold studs under the emissions warranty.

Just an FYI...