1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Wiseguyinc, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

Well my tail pipe rusted through where it connects to the muffler. I took it off and noticed my entire exhaust is getting to that point. I will need to replace it.
    Has anyone gotten an aftermarket 4inch kit? If so what brand and how do you like it. I found a complete straight exhaust 4 inch on EBAY for 250 bucks shipped.I think that's pretty cheap but I don't know how loud it would be.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I'm guessing by the 4 inch you have diesel. All the trucks we plow with that are diesels are stright piped. We have 3 Chevys now.

Last year 2 dodges, one 12 and one 24 valve. Dodges sound alot better with a stright pipe IMO.

3. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

Yeah a 12v cummins. I forgot to mention that. What brand exhaust did you buy?

4. Mudman78

Mudman78 Senior Member
    from NJ

MBRP 4" stainless is a great exhaust, but it's not cheap.

5. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I got mine on ebay also. It's a 4" magna flow SS system. I added a 5" exh tip. I've had no problem with it. good luck.

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I have never paid over $332 on any trucks exuast. I have always just bought the cheapest exuast that they sell and just ran it. Haven't had one rust out yet. Probley need to keep the trucks longer ;)

7. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

hotexhaust.com got a screamin deal. search google for a promotion code, i saved 17% plus free shipping with one code. ordered stainless 4 inch for my 2003 and 2001 and it was $620 all togeather for both to my door with tax, and I am even in canada.

8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i put a mbrp 4'' turbo back on my 01 dodge cummins. I got it from extremedieselperformance.com I think i paid about $320 it sounds good, and it mounts to all oem hangers so you don't have to change any hangers. good luck:drinkup:

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Summit has their own exhaust systems $295 for your truck.

10. niv

niv Member
    from midwest

Just make sure it will mount to all your old brackets,this will save you time and money.