1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exhaust help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by CSLC, Oct 3, 2012.

1. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

OK so truck has duals into muffler to single out. I wanted a flomaster and stupid me never checked to see if the one I got would fit. So, I need some help. I want a diff, a lil more aggressive then stock sounding muffler. I think it is dual 2.5 in to 3 single out. Please help ASAP!!!! Will I loose alot of power if I put wye pipe on from duals to single 3 to make the muffler i bought work?

2. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

i don't think you'll notice anything at all since the stock muffler is so restrictive.

3. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

I AGREE WITH YA i HAVE THE SAME SET UP ON MINE AND NO Problem at all because last year a goofy girl backed into my ride and pushed and bent my exhaust all the way back to the CAT. If your still not sure calll a Exhaust place up by ya .

4. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

You have dual 3's to a single 3 with a y installed before the muffler and notice nothing?

5. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

It might be a little louder, but by just doing a cat back exhaust really doesn't change performance noticeably

6. DIRISHMAN

As long as your Muffler flow is not super restrictive then no real change

7. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

nm I found the correct muffler for the truck you actually have to call flomaster for the right one they do not list it on website

8. DIRISHMAN

Welll then Sounds like your good to Go