1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

exhaust help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by plowin207, Mar 20, 2011.

1. plowin207

plowin207 Member

i have a summit exhaust on my truck it has the 3 in. inlet and dual 2.25 in. tailpipes. my problem is the other day i heard a noise comming from the truck. i got underneath to look for a possible culprit cause it sounded like metal on metal come to find out there was a 3 inch crack in the muffler:realmad:. I want to get a new muffler thinking flowmaster bu all the mufflers i can find besides the summit are 2.5 outlet and i don't want another summit. my question is on my current muffler the tailpipes go inside the outlets on the muffler, so are they 2.5 outlets and my current pipes will work or do i need all new pipes two? i have a kid due in a couple weeks so trying to get this fixed as cheap and fast as i can without being extremely cheap about it. thanks in advance for the help and i hope this makes sence.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You can get adapters to go from 2 1/2 to 2 1/4. You just need to get a Flowmaster that is shorter than your current muffler, or if you have a straight section at the front end of the tailpipes you can cut down.

3. plowin207

plowin207 Member

thanks for the help can you get those at a auto parts store or do you have to go and get them made at like a shop that does exhausts

4. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Any reputable auto part store will have them.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

VIP will probably have them too......

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Here is the part number for a flowmaster 3" center in dual 2.5" outlets 40 series in stainless FLO-80430402 from summit. It is $79.95