1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exhaust 2500 v10

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by cclandscape 28, Mar 26, 2011.

1. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey guys i have a 97 2500 v-10 . Looking to put a perfromance exhaust on the truck. Any Ideas of whats out there that makes the power but is not super loud. Any input would be great.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

not much for aftermarket for the v10's i just cut the cats out and added a less restrictive muffler and it sounds good, not too loud.

3. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Find a custom exhaust shop likes Lous in MAss they can make one up easy

4. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

put headers on it itll sound way better mines got gibson headers and warlock mufflers

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Be careful with the V10s. The wrong muffler can make it sound like a Civic.

6. randomb0b123

from america

ive been told by a few people mine sounds like a cummins at some rpms its reallllly deep

7. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

I am looking at doing 3 inch pipe with a long flowmaster muffler into a 5 inch You guys ever hear a flow master on one of these? My fear is making it sound like shitt. It has a diffrent sound then my v8 its crazy

8. randomb0b123

from america

if you want im probably going to get mine out of storage this week i can make a video of it

9. cclandscape 28

cclandscape 28 Member
    from CT

Hey thanks for the input guys havent gotten the exhaust yet and randombob That would be great to hear the exhaust and tell me what you have done to yours ?