1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Executive Lawns Snow Set-up 2008-2009

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ExecutiveLawns, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Here is my set up for this year minus the half dozen snow blowers and dozens of shovels.

Let me know what you think

SSPX0180.jpg

SSPX0186.jpg

SSPX0193.jpg

SSPX0188.jpg

2. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looking nice! Do you just use liquid or any salt?

3. lawnscape48

lawnscape48 Member
    from michgan

nice setup

4. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Looks great man. Is that your shop??

5. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

Nice Fleet! but your drive looks like it can use an little more salt.

6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Everyone is a critic tsk tsk lol

7. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

Yea I know the lot needs a little attention but I just lease a portion of the building and another company in the same complex has the snow contract on it so we really dont do anything but shovel out our door ways.

We mainly just provide the liquid de-icer and granular ice melt for our properties, I dont do any "Salting" but if i NEED to sand Ive got a couple of guys that have sanders that i can sub that out to. And with that only have 1 account that will allow sand, everyone else wants either the liquid or the non-tracking ice melt we use.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice Fleet

9. chev_4x4

chev_4x4 Senior Member

Can't get any better looking than chevy trucks and western plows hangin off the front

10. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

does the liquid work in the same temps / conditions as salt? What is the stuff made of

11. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Any more info on the liquid setup? What do you have for a pump? What size tanks? What type of nozzles? What do you apply? Did you build it? etc.... feel free to add more info :D

12. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

hey, why did you go with a 1500 and not a 2500 on one of them? Nice trucks btw.

13. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

I can get more specs off the de-icer unit tomorrow but off the top pf my head i know its a 305 gal low profile tank with a 12v pump and an electric ball valve so it can be run from inside the cab. I bought it from Sprayer Specialties which is located about a couple miles from my shop which is real handy as for we added a meter so we can accurately charge for what we apply and we also added around 60 ft of 1/2" hose and a little hand nozzle so i can get away from the truck and spray stairs and walks. The electrical for the unit is supplied by the trailer wiring connection and the constant 12v hot line in it.

As for the product we run is a mag-chloride blend. My supplier also stocks and sells a calcium-chloride blend for when it gets a little colder out.

If anyone wants more info on the manufacturer who built the unit feel free to pm me

14. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

we use a magnesium-chloride blend and it will work well down to i was told -10F but some say warmer and some say colder. Im not sure till i find out for myself. And as far as it up against salt, you dont get the the instant traction but you dont has all the mess and damage salt can leave behind.

15. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

You have 3 very nice trucks

16. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

17. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Nice Fleet. Do you buy all your trucks at the same time? ussmileyflag

18. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very NIce!!!I like the chevys!!!

19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Very nice fleet!! And awesome choice on the white chevys. I like the rear window graphics you have as well. Very nice again.

20. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Looking good. It appears that you are one roof light short on the trucks. :)