1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excursion with a Blizzard?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chtucker, Feb 22, 2003.

1. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Here ya go... had some action today....

side view.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2003
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I need to learn to resize better.

Worked great, instructions confusing at times. Easy truck side install. Great quality.

Wish they used pictures in the manual, it would be alot easier.

Howard

3. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

:D I have a Blizzard on my diesel Excursion and love it. It is probably one of our best plowing vehicles because of the weight of the truck. Also love the Blizzard plow,really saves us a lot of time.

4. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Hopefully this looks better

side view.jpg

5. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Sweet. I love Excursions. A local LCO has two Ford F350 flatbeds for the mowing crews and I beleive they have plows on them but this winter I saw they have a Excursion with a Fisher plow on it as well. Looked good but you'll have to be a mirror driver which you should be anyway, and your only salter options would be a hitch mount one right? I do like 'em though....:cool:

6. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Nice rig chtucker!

7. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Hey chtucker,
    Is that the same truck you had the Meyer on. The plow looks sweet on that truck. good luck with it.

8. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Same truck I had the Meyer, Andy Long0 Bought that.

Tailgate salter if anyone would ever want salting... I haven't been able to sell anyone on it yet.

Need more ballast, currently only have 400 lbs.

Plows sweet, controller is unmountable in my Ex with bucket seats and a large center console.

Everything went well today... first run.

Howard

9. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

chtucker

I turned the straps around on the bottom of the controller and have it rapped around the lid to the center console. Works like a charm.:D

10. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Howard, Glad to see you got it on the Excursion. Like Mike said change the strap to go from side to side instead of front to back. Also trim the front bottom to fit the contour of the lid near the Paper latch and it will fit great. We cut new slots in the bottom or through the sides of the conroller box. Some of the new ones came with slots in both directions.

Also Excursions suck alot of juice just running the rig. Have been running a heavy cable from the Alternator output post to the Pos terminal on the Battery. Also, Alt can be juiced upto 200amp. Most are 95 or 130 stock.

800lbs rear ballast in one of the trucks running here. Also used F450 front springs in the Diesel running here. F350 x code in the gasser.

Jerre

11. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I will figure something out with the controller... just need to fiddle. I woke up to a forecast of 20% of snow showers to a forecast of 10-20 inches for the weekend. I burnt all of the midnight oil I had left in me:D

Cut my time considerably, but I was pretty much delusional as I had be working all night getting it installed, I thought we only had 4-5" and everyone was saying we had a foot

The e-60 drew way more power than the Blizzard, I currently have a Premier power welder 200 amp on the way.

VERY pleased with truck side mounts and the power hitch, alot easier than muscleing my meyer around

12. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

Hey Howard, the rig looks great! We can't wait for our demo, but I guess it will have to be next week sometime. We just finished our routes for today, and from the look of the snow still pouring down, we will be out tomorrow morning by 3:00. I will give you a call when we get past this storm.

We had pretty much decided on a Blizzard plow for next season anyway, but now having a dealer close by is going to seal the deal. Happy plowing tomorrow, hope you get some good rest tonight. I will look for an update on how the plow is working out after you have the chance to use it some more.:waving:

13. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

ch tucker....

the rig looks awesome!!!!!

Had to show it to the wife, and hint that is what she should have, but that means I get to plow with it.....

We have been sending the precipitation your way, how about
    sending us some of the cold artic air so we can have something
    besides rain:D

14. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Pretty sharp Howard! I think I'd have trouble with the Excursion though. My cat naps would turn into deep snoozes with that inviting rear cargo area!:sleeping: :sleeping:

15. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

did you just become a dealer howard? how long did you spend on the install on the excursion, looks great. i might have missed the outcome but how did the skidloader thing finally work out?
    went snow wheelin with the 4x4 club yesterday, some breakage but not on my samurai.
    dan

16. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Install took about 5 hours, putting the plow together about 3hrs.

Instructions (especially if I had the correct ones for my mount) left something to be desired.

Skid steer fiasco is still on going.

Howard