1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excursion Replacement

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Nascar24, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Flying out to Dave Smith Dodge in Kellogg Idaho Saturday to pick up the replacement for my beloved Excursion.

[​IMG]
    it's a 2007 Dodge Laramie 3500 SRW 4x4 Mega Cab with the 6.7L Cummins and 6 speed Auto. Got it loaded, leather with heated seats and all the rest of the toys! Can't wait to get it home and tricked out with the plow, tube steps, bed rug and cap!

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

thats my dream truck right there, looks awesome man.congrats.

3. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

Nice ride. Why did you get it all the way out in Idaho?

4. TEX

TEX Senior Member

your going to love that truck

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That thing is beautiful!!!!!! What are you going to do for a plow?

6. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I'm not quite sure I have three to pick from?

I have a Meyer 8 ' MDII with everything I'll need. and its like new

I have a line on a 9' Diamond with MDII set-up, its like new.

or I have a 8' Fisher that I'm rebuilding right now , but I'll have to get a set of mounts and underhood stuff.

I'm leaning toward the 9' Diamond right now.

Jay

7. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

It was the EXACT truck I wanted and I saved over $5K from the next lowest price I got!

For anyone who wants a Dodge, I'd suggest you check out Dave Smith Dodge, they are the worlds largest Dodge dealer and their speciality is internet sales, I have found that they are the worlds largest for a reason, NO BS! get right to the bottom line price, which blew every other dealer away!

Jay

8. TEX

TEX Senior Member

well congrats again.

now you need an exhaust and intake for starters then..............lol

9. mcwlandscaping

You are a new englander....go with the fisher!! :)

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck. Hope you arn't going to be plowing too many driveways with that Mega Cab!

11. TEX

TEX Senior Member

i thought i wanted a mega until i saw it and drove it. as you see i have a quad cab. oh and no kids

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Smart man! Nice truck. I like the color.

13. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

No Plow for the New Mega Cab!

Hi

After long and careful thought I decided not to put a plow on this truck.

What I decided to do is to buy another truck, I purchased a 87 Dakota long bed 4x4 with a 7' Western plow. The truck has only 60k miles on it and in very good shape, no rust, and very straight! Plow is also in pretty good shape, lift will need a little work, but the Iron is straight.

When I get it home I'll post a few pictures.

Jay

14. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

dont put a cap on that beautiful truck

15. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Plan on keeping the Mega Cab in the nice dry heated garage in the winter away from the Salt Mites! lol

This is my new to me plow truck, its a1987 Dodge Dakaota with only 60,000 original miles, bought it from the original owner who had the 7' Western plow installed on it when it was new. I have to redo the brakes and exhaust system and some minor touch up, should allow me to save the new truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Sooo... how much was the 3500? Congrats!

17. mcwlandscaping

that plow truck you are using looks in great shape!!!

18. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Hey I almost bought that Dakota! Did you see it on Craigslist?

19. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Yup!

the guy who owned it was a real nice old timer, very honest and original owner! truck was never molested, pretty much as he purchased other than the plow. It sat in my back yard for two weeks while I was away on vacation, I jumped in it so i could mow the grass, pumped it twice and fired right up! I can't wait until this winter, should be a lot easier to manuever this than the Excursion or the new Mega Cab, only thing is it's not going to be a a brute like the Ex with the power stroke, oh well I guess that's what low range is for! lol

20. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Got it out in Kellogg Idaho from Dave Smith Dodge, 41 ish with a few accessories added to this loaded Larime.