1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excursion Plow?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by bdlawncare, Oct 2, 2011.

1. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Hey guys, so I got my hands on a 2000 ford excursion pretty much for free, I would like to put it to work this winter... I have no clue what plow would fit on here and are any mods needed to make it fit, if anyone knows please let me know ASAP... Thanks. oh yeah its a 7.3... I will post pics soon
  2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

For near free? You sure you didn't steal it? Lol a 8'blade would be good. I'm partial to fishers.
  3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

From what I understand, anything that you would put on a F-250, you can put on an Excursion, it just may not be recommended and some dealers would refuse to do it. If it is a diesel, you may have to have a tad lighter plow.
  4. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

excursion is the same thing as f250/350. If you are looking for mounts for a Fisher, you want (#7159 99-04 super duty.) You could have a plow from 7'6" to 8'6" long. I got a 01 f250 with a 8' fisher HD. you may need to add a leaf to the front leaf springs tho.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  5. bdlawncare

bdlawncare Senior Member

Hey guys thanks for all the info. So you think i should go slightly lighter on the plow becuz the diesel?
  6. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

Interesting thread i found me a 2001 v10 with 150k on it tonite going to go look at it this week. I love excursions but never thought of one to use for plowing. It would be my back up plow truck and daily driver for my contracting business. I only drive about 5k a year so using a diesel doesnt make sense to me.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Using an 8' blizzard on my 02 diesel Ex
  8. simply_peter

simply_peter Junior Member
    from Iowa

I run 8 1/2 MVP on mine. Works great for plowing. Same install as a F250.
  9. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

guy I used to plow with had the diesel and he had a western pro, that thing could push alot of snow and it was like a limo inside, just stinks for smaller areas
  10. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

Most excursions run a lighter front spring than their SD counterpart, though the axle is still rated the same. You may need/want to replace the fron springs with "V" or "W" code if you want to run a larger plow.