1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excited about my recent purchase...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PrimoSR, May 14, 2010.

1. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

In the process of getting some TreadWright Gaurd Dog (E) 285's, towing mirrors, a tool box, seat covers, Herculine-ing the rockers, and plow refinished.

truck 022-6.jpg

truck 027-5.jpg
  2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking good! How many miles?
  3. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Thanks - 90k when I bought it, 92k right now.
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That truck is way to nice to have that crappy plow on it! Sell that old plow, buy a new plow and don't look back.
  5. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I agree but I just checked with my bank account and it is telling me to just have it refinished! It actually is a pretty nice plow in my opinion, it just looks like crap because the guy I bought it from was in Iraq for two years and his wife let it sit outside the whole time. I am going to go over the whole thing this summer (hoses, fluids, seals, etc.) and hopefully it will treat me well.
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I understand the bank account deal. :nod: I am responding to you in two different threads so lets talk business in the other one, and save this for pictures.
  7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck but those tires are way to small for it.

Lets fill those wheel wells.
  8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

If you MUST get a tool box get a low profile one.... mine sits up way too high
  9. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

10. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I don't have to get one, but my cousin has one that he doesn't use so I am going to try it out for a while. I mean it's free so why not, and I if I don't like it I can just give it back to him!
  11. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

Nice truck. If your interested in selling your old mirrors let me know
  12. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I will let you know when I get the new ones. Hopefully w/in a week or two.
  13. speedy

speedy Senior Member

IMO 285's are getting too wide for snow and ice traction. Go with 235/85's or 255/85's in a block-style tread. I run both sizes: 235's on a shortbox Chev and the 255's on a CC Duramax The 235's are right on the money as far as the speedometer/odometer and the 255's are about 9% taller/diameter, so I got my speeding allowance built-in. ;~)
  14. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Yeah you defineitly dont want that wide.. I don't even like the 10.5's on my truck... But it's your choice
  15. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

you have the same truck as one of mine, 02 6.0L, its been a work truck all its life, held up pretty well i suppose, though it does love to suck gas!

235/85 will be your best bet for snow tires, ive ran 265 & 285's as well. we have ran a 7.5' & 8' meyer blade, then a 9'2" boss steel V, and for this winter it will run a 8'2" poly V
  16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

once you change the mirrors and tires that truck will look completely different...in a good way! Nice buy!
  17. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I have a set of hankook dynapro atm's on my truck and love the look of them. Good lookin sidewall and good looking tread pattern, they are also very quiet.
    Cab lights would look good too.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I run 285's all winter and summer and they work great for plowing.
  19. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Those are exactly the tires I'm getting once its time! I know a few people with them and they absolutely love them, and for the price compared to duratacs or brg's ou cant beat them.
  20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice purchase, everything looks good.