1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excessive wear

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dubi, Dec 28, 2009.

1. dubi

dubi Junior Member
    from 11746

Eating shoes and blades "Like Butter"

I have a Western 7' 6" ultra pro plow--- last storm I went through a new set of shoes and blade in just one storm- currently mounted on Ford 06 F-250 Are there any adjustments to mitigate the wear rate???? My partners showed no wear compared to me---wesport

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd say maybe your truck mount is to high tipping the blade to far forwards.

I've never seen a plow wear that much in one storm so something is way outta wack. Most of the time you can't tell a difference start to finish like your friends blade.

3. dubi

dubi Junior Member
    from 11746

Thanks Mark, I think I found some adjustment point that could work----

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The easiest way to tell if your mount is to high or low is looking at the A frame where the angle cylinders are. Is it parallel to the ground?

Some pictures from the side might help with ideas also.

5. dubi

dubi Junior Member
    from 11746

I just bought a new blade and I'll check it out tomorrow. I noticed at our suppliers that Chevy sit real low and level in front, my old truck did too. I'll know tomorrow. It does look like there's an adjustment on the mount frame that would correct an out of level scenario. Thanks for the help, ED