1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excessive draw on e60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jrodgers, Dec 10, 2013.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Hey All,

I am having a problem with my e60. Whenever I go up or left to right I have an excessive draw on my electrical system. I cleaned the battery connections, solenoid connections, g/r/b wires, plug in power wires and replaced the motor and it is still the same. It makes my after market radio shut off then come back on. Any ideas as to what else I could check? Thanks.

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

battery and alternator are too small to supply the power needed to run the pump motor.

what truck, and battery size?

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If it only does when angling I suggest checking packing nuts on the rams, binding on the plow or hose connectors.

4. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

It's an 05 Silverado 2500hd Duramax...not sure what size batteries though...whatever stock is I guess.

It does it "up" also....

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Only guess would be motor, connections or chafed or corroded wire.

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

it could have some corrosion inside the motor. Mine was really sluggish and had a huge draw. I bought a new motor, and then once I had it in my hands I attempted to tear the original down. It was pretty corroded inside. I cleaned everything up, put it all back together and its been on there ever since. The new one I bought is still on the shelf in the garage as a spare

7. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

I replaced the motor so its brand new. It didnt always do this, just started the past year or so but now it's getting worse. I have had the plow since it was new in 2001.

8. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

weak battery/alternator?

9. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

This is something I was thinking...will have them checked and see how they are.

10. cuffnup

cuffnup Junior Member

mine has been doing this also...new batteries, alternator, and all wires replaced...the only thing I have done different is I hard wired the lights instead of using the modules?? any thoughts?

11. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Forgot to update this. The problem wound up being a bad battery. Changed it out and it's been fine.Thumbs Up