1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excellent customer service

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CJPRN, Dec 3, 2008.

1. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

Bought my first Sno-Way a month ago. A 26 series DP for my Ram 1500. I finally got to use it on Thanksgiving day but was having serious issues with my remote. In order for it to work I had to have the remote either up to the dash or out the window. VERY ANNOYING. Called the dealer monday, he said his mechanic was off bring it in tues. Tues. morning the dealer called me (can you believe it!) wanting to resolve my problem. Took it in and they replaced and reprogrammed my transmitter. A trip up the road showed the problem wasn't fixed so I came back and they replaced the receiver. Plowed last night and the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks to the guys at Christman Fuel in Carthage, NY.

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

atleast you got it fixed and didnt loose any money... too bad he couldnt fix it on monday for you. hopefully it will be a great plow for you now, cause snoway does make a great plow

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

If your truck is black crewcab or maybe extended cab I installed that plow. There was a delay in the wireless but it worked at one end of the garage we were in, glad to see they took care of you. That is where i got my MegaV from as well. Anymore problem or questions you can pm me here.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Glad they are taking care of you.
    My dealer gave me his cell phone number and said to call anytime 24/7 if I have any problems.....Now that is service.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All the wireless have a slight delay, nothing you can adjust to but it's not the instantaneous response of a wired unit.

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Correct I just hope he has no more issues

7. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

Delay

My issue was not so much a delay but rather I intermittantly had very limited range. It would work fine most of the time but occasionally I would have to hold the remote up to the dash or even out the window. New batteries, radio etc. off in truck and different location made no difference. Seems to work good now, I'll know for sure when it snows tommorrow. One thing that will take getting used to is that I can't really tap the controller rapidly to fine tune plow position. I guess this must be the delay you're talking about. BTW my truck is a black dodge quad cab. If you installed it I was wondering if in the spring there is any way to adjust the height of the sub frame for better ground clearance. Right now it is 10 1/4" high.
    Thanks

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not an have the plow work properly and removing the center member is not a good idea. You will bent up the side flanges.

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

yeah like basher says they need that and I think we put it as high as we could, looks good on that black truck tho. these guys might want a pic or 2 if you can.

10. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

Been snowing the last three days so I haven't had a chance to get a pic. This is the first real use of this plow and I'm more than happy. I'm amazed at how high I can pile snow with this little plow. We got about a foot of light powdery snow but I still was surprised that I could push it into piles over 6' high! BTW the reason I was wondering about the subframe height is because on occasion I would scrape going in and out of some parking lots. I had the torsion bars cranked a bit to give me about an extra inch. Haven't scraped since - Amazing how an extra inch can make you happy!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  11. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

glad you are happy and so is Jason.

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Glad to have you as a member of the Snoway Family.:waving:

But keep the secret;) if everybody found out how good Snowaywesport is it could cause harm to the economy. Think of all the DD and Meyer employees out of work if the world went Snoway:jester:

13. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

CJPRN,

Glad to hear that you like your new Sno-Way. We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.

14. CJPRN

CJPRN Junior Member

rhkfwain

Any idea how many Sno-Way dealers there are compared to fisher, western, boss, these are the dealers in my town (?market saturation)? I can almost walk to The Boss dealer and almost bought one. After much online research without talking to any Sno-Way owners (because I don't Know any) I decided this plow would best fit my needs. I had to drive forty minutes away and then wait a bit to get what I wanted. Talking to guys at work (I don't plow commercially) none have ever owned a Sno-Way and a few had never heard of the brand.