1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excel Invoice Workbook

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Caseyheck, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Caseyheck

Caseyheck Junior Member

Let me here what you guys think its a work in progress but I believe if i clean it up a bit it could be an awsome tool. Be honest please if it sucks tell me that. Thanks
    Casey

Attached Files:

2. SnowIsGood

SnowIsGood Junior Member
    from eastern

Excel Spreadsheet

I think you've done a good job and the great thing about excel is that you can add columns or whatever as you develop the need for them. The key to any good accounting system is "document, document, document". Good job!

3. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

Tony's plow and rake. Is that the name of your business? Do you sell plows and rakes? You offer free cleanups? Free cleanups of what? But your worksheet looks good.

4. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I like the invoice..

But no sales tax and free cleanups????? ohhh noooo:nono:

5. Caseyheck

Caseyheck Junior Member

Tony's plow and rake is just what I threw out there as a name. I am currently not in business I have the truck and the plow now I'm just looking for the business part of it. I can set my own hours/schedule in my other job so for now this is only a thought. The free cleanups was only a thought. I was just thinking about it for residential cleanup after the county plow comes by. In doing so I can make that up in the price but if its a NO NO thats cool. If it is a NO NO why?
    qualitylawncare Thanks for your honesty I can put tax in there very easily just didn't think about it.
    Thanks for the reply's
    Casey

6. me1223

me1223 Member

Looks great, but I would change a few things, like make all the cells able to be changed by the user, without somehow changing the codes, so that the codes would take effect only if it wasn't overidden by the user, then if the user removed his/her changes it would go back to the code. (I don't know if you can do that in excel:confused:)

As well I think it would have been better if all the charts were on one page and insead of bar graphs for things like expenses a pie chart would be more effective IMHO. Just some thoughts I might make something up like that myself.

7. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Casey,
    there is no tax on labor in Michigan, only on sold goods/materials.

8. DodgeBlizzard

9. DodgeBlizzard

oops...post is within the quote

10. twodan

twodan Member

"save as"

once you are happy with your form, save it as a template. then, you can call up the template, insert info as needed for that cust, then save as an excel worksheet & include the cust's name. if you don't alter each invoice, the previous ones will be overwritten. oh, you can always call up the template and make changes too. just remember to save it as a template again.

11. Caseyheck

Caseyheck Junior Member

Yep I'm just still making changes. Thanks though

me1223
    I'm not doing this for profit or redistribution rights or any thing like that. Just doing this to see what I could create, if I create something that others want ill give it away but not until I'm happy with it.

brunosplace
    Thanks I completely forgot that

12. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

Good evening I was wondering if I could use your invoice and reword it for my needs?? I figure I ask because it's the right thing to do. Either way can you please let me know??

thanx
    Ken

I tried to pm you but I am unable

13. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

Id skip the plowing and sell billing programs. I think it is great...