1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excavator

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by ImpressPlowing, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Hey guys,
    I bought my Yard and there is a excavator arm in it, can I sell it, a guy in the business told me I could prov get $5,000 for it, any ideas?

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That depends on what make/model it is for. A boom for a Cat 315 is going to fetch far more than a boom for a Kubota.

3. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

That's part of the problem, I don't know squat about excavators, is got pics can you identify which machine it is for by a pic?

4. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Post them up.

5. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

they are attached, thanks in advance!

arm1.JPG

arm2.JPG

arm3.JPG

arm4.JPG

arm5.JPG

6. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

Looks like maybe a older Komatsu. Hard to tell for what size machine maybe a PC200.

7. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

any market for a item like this?

8. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That looks to be possibly a kobelco dipper stick. Look around on it for a serial number. Worse comes to worse take that bobcat in the background and flip the stick on its side. There should be some numbers on the cylinder at the very least. Then make a few phone calls to equipment dealers and see what it fits. Then all you have to do is find out what its really worth.

9. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Thats exactly what i was going to say. Maybe a size smaller (160) than a 200 but def not bigger.

You might be able to find a buyer if you get it out on the web in as many places as you can. Not really a high demand part. Some one probably bought a longer dipper and that was the old one.