1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excavator Snow Removal Job

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Mar 22, 2009.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Heres what I did all weekend. Our backhoe threw a rod the last blizzard, so I went and rented a 303 cat mini ex. Worked great for cleaning the ditches, but i could have used a bigger bucket. Everywhere you go around here there are excavators cleaning road ditches trying to get water to run.

007.jpg

excavator.jpg

007.jpg

excavator.jpg

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Pretty much the same thing around here. The county is trying to open up the ditches as best as they can. We don't have snow here anymore tho.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Good pics. Seeing alot of that around town.

4. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

hey 4x4 farmer, looks like you got some pretty nice equipment. how about some more pics?

5. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I hope all your efforts in ND pay off for you. It sounds like you guys may be seeing some major flooding soon. Good luck, & hopefully you don't get any good "soakers". :waving:

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

nice to see some of the white stuff left some where. its been gone for a while here. have fun with the rented toy.

7. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

4x4 -- just checking, is that on south university, somewhere between 32nd and 52nd?

8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

no, its acually right off of 40th ave over by I-29. The city of Prarie Rose

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

do a search... they are all over this site

10. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

recently did a project down at 100 and University, looked this morning and river now running alongside driveway. Oh well, put a net in it, maybe you can make up the difference with catfish sales. Mayor has a worried look on his face. City has been hauling in sand bags all night to Woodcrest. Piles of sand bags have replaced all the snow drifts

sandbag.jpg

11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Oh, that just brings back BAD memories of last June.....

J...

12. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

hope everything goes well for you guys :angel:

13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Have about a 3 hour breather, but not time to chat, its time to dry a couple of pairs of jeans, then back to maning the pumps. Its not looking good at this point as the river keeps coming up and now there is a thunderstorm moving through.:realmad:

14. fireball

some more wild rice pictures. scary thing is watching the ice flows go by knowing one of those can go through sandbags in an instant

wildrice3.jpg

wildrice2.jpg

wildrice1.jpg

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Well isnt this just lovely guys! The city is in panic mode due to the worst flood in our lifetime and we get a frickin snow storm!!!!!!!

16. seventwenty

seventwenty Member

Tell me about it! Just as I get the skid in the shop and start to warm up after doing some clay work in North Fargo I'm told to top off fluids put the plow on and go home to wait for the call. What a way to break in a pair of new skids :yow!:

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

he just works for that company, i can see how you would be confused as to him being the owner. hes just a laborer.

18. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

interesting.

19. fireball

I wouldn't say they were in a panic mode, just concerned. I am damm proud of them for what they have gotten accomplished so far. Granted I wouldn't send out trucks to plow when there is still dikes to do but at least they sent the graders out. Sure they are getting paid but those DPW guys really haven't had a break in three weeks. Guard units trying to raise the dike in the Oak Crest section in North Fargo is really impressive, charging the batteries on the camera

20. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

wow rain and then snow.