1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excavation Pics for PJ!!! LOL

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by creativedesigns, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Heres a few pics from the start of our "LARGEST" project to date!!! (in 5 yrs of business)

The first process is peeling all the existing interlock pavers out...

This consists of excavating 15,000 square feet of area for interlock stone. 14 iches deep.
    - A geo-textile fabric will be installed.
    - A new agreggate base will be installed, & soaked/compacted every 4 inches.
    - Stonedust will be used to create the proper "smooth" grade, then the interlock installed.

I will post more pics up Tuesday nite...as the job progresses!!!
    The enitre contract also includes 1255 ft of concrete curbing formed & poured & 46,000 square feet of new asphalt for parking lot!!

More pics to come...:nod: tymusic

DSCN2741.jpg

DSCN2743.jpg

DSCN2744.jpg

DSCN2753.jpg

DSCN2752.jpg

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

lookin good buddy :drinkup:

but.......what are the wires that are hanging out of the bucket on the one pic? lol......you know that youre supposed to leave the wires in the ground right :cofused: haha

the 4' smooth bucket was a good choice.

when i suggested a loader i didnt realize that the work area was so congested.

after you get it scratched up a little you can probably use the front bucket on the hoe and save a little time.

the 4" lift's will be more than sufficiant, are you going to use a smooth drum or a padfoot?........i would suggest a smooth drum so you can use it to set pavers when youre done. unless you already own a plate compactor and then that will work too.

make sure you dont get too much moisture in the 4" lift's or it will go south on you,

i would venture to guess that you could do 8-10" lift's and still yeild the same result if you run into time problem's

why the lift's anyway's.....is it going to be proctor tested? or are you just doing it for a little extra insurance?

P.S. down here, because of the freeze&thaw's and unstable soil a lot of the time they'll pour concrete and place the pavers directly on the cement

good job

PJ

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

get a room

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice pics Cre, post some finished pics (if it ever gets there) :D Not that its on the same scale, but when we do patios we do 2" lifts.

by no means am i trying to stir anything up or disrupt your thread Cre...but just a comment on why guys who post anything to do with lawns get deleted because theyre not "snow" or "plow" related.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Maybe because they dont have a imterlockpaversite:D

6. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

x2 I agree,It looks like it belongs over at lawnsite.

7. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Maybe it is not "snow"relater now....but in time it will have snow on it.....lol

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think it belongs right here. There is more to life then snow. Someone just posted a harvest video, where does that belong, LOL

I'm all for learning something different.:dizzy:

9. creativedesigns

I am not a member at LawnSite. There ya go! :cool:

10. jayman3

jayman3 Senior Member

:drinkup:
    Drew you should have tried to fill up that truck with your kubota LOL.Instead of it sitting there.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Easy buddy, LOL I like the pics Cre, I don't understand everuthing you guys are talking about but I still enjoy the JD pics.

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

gee people have asked questions regarding hardsacpes and about lawnmowers and were shone the way to Lawnsite.

Or maybe post it in the off topic like the "harvest vids" are;)

creativedesigns, you should join then, they will welcome you with open arms.

13. creativedesigns

Why does it bother you SF??? Mabe you should become a "MOD" :nod:

BTW: Why be on LawnSite? .....I don't do Grass! lol :cool:

14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

We like to Keep this site as pure as the driven snow.

hardscape = lawnsite.

It's a tradition.

15. creativedesigns

How pure is Snow when it's Yellow? LOL :D

This is Heavy Equipment Forum!!! I'll even throw in a plow pic for ya! If that eases the tension?!? ;)

Just wait till Tuesday nite, I'll have more pics! .....:yow!:

16. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice Cre i cant wait to see the finished product.

like i said i wasnt trying to stir up trouble, just making a statement..more for the mods

17. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i gotta admit i thought this was going to be a drive or parking area i didnt realize that it was gonna be a walkway,

Cre: i recomended a small loader not necesaraly a backhoe, but as long as you have a good operator you'll have it made

PJ

18. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Actually, they do:

http://www.lhcsite.com/

Now when is this thread going bye-bye? Like every other green thread?

19. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

20. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, they are technically correct :D

we do have www.lhcsite.com where you can discuss these types of projects, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.