1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Excavating,construction pic's...let's see em'

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Dirtboy953B, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Here we go

truck 002.jpg

2. Dirtboy953B

Digging a basement

movin' dirt 010.jpg

movin' dirt 007.jpg

movin' dirt 006.jpg

movin' dirt 005.jpg

movin' dirt 004.jpg

3. Dirtboy953B

Same basement

movin' dirt 003.jpg

movin' dirt 002.jpg

movin' dirt 001.jpg

4. Dirtboy953B

here are some randoms

movin' dirt 013.jpg

movin' dirt 012.jpg

movin' dirt 011.jpg

movin' dirt 010.jpg

movin' dirt 009.jpg

5. Dirtboy953B

and some more

movin' dirt 008.jpg

movin' dirt 007.jpg

movin' dirt 006.jpg

6. Dirtboy953B

A two home,double unit or duplex basement

movin' dirt 004.jpg

movin' dirt 003.jpg

movin' dirt 002.jpg

7. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Cool pics Dirtboy. Is the crawler your main piece of equipment?

8. Dirtboy953B

That one is not I just seem to always take pic's when i'm on that one....lol Most of the time it's a Cat 953B that has been turned up just a smidge.The one in the pic's is a Cat 963B,it's alot slower..must be way I'm taking pic's...lol

9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, bet its kinda difficult to do all that work with that machine though isn't it?

10. Dirtboy953B

It' like second nature when you do it day and day out,sitting in a machine 10-12 hours a day helps too,some say it's easier to use a track-hoe,it might be for them but for me it's crawler loader/hi-lift,sometime's I will use a track-hoe when a situation call's for one.around here every one use's crawler loader/hi-lifts

11. Dirtboy953B

It's like second nature when you do it day in and day out,sitting in a machine 10-12 hour's a day helps too,some say it's easier to use a track-hoe but for me it's a crawler loader/hi-lift.I do use a track-hoe when a situation calls for one,every one around here use's a crawler loader/hi-lift...

12. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

this wasnt me it was my buddy wes when he had a bad day in the Lime Rock mine that we worked at in ocala florida a cavern open up beneath him sorry the quality wasnt great it was an old cell phone camera needless to say he had to take a piss test and had to go home change his britches lol

EDIT: By the way that is a hitachi 450C LC

l_3bc1fd2b33e7b5032ae31cfdb17b060b.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  13. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Here's some of my pumps and the excavator starting my building pad. I own 6 concrete boom pumps and this economy really stinks!!!! I need snow!:cry:

blackberry 002.jpg

blackberry 009.jpg

craigslist2 002.jpg

14. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice equipment guys and the jobs look great to

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Around hear I have never sean a crawler loader. It seams to work good for you. But around hear everybody uses excavators.

16. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Nice work dirtboy! The company I worked for did everything with crawler loaders as well. All parking lot work so maybe a bit more logical, but some smaller jobs would have been easier with an excavator but they just used the 931 Cat. Much respect to operators who do good work, as it always made the grader work I did next that much easier.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  17. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Very clean basements, Dirtboy. Nice work. Around here crawler loaders are pretty rare, mostly excavators, wheel loaders and plain dozers working together. Everyone you talk to says the undercarriage costs of running a crawler loader are pretty high with all the turning, spinning, etc. Like anything else, I suppose it's all in the operator.

18. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

nice work

Here's mine

pics 349.jpg

pics 357.jpg

19. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

So how about I kinda combine this with the Calendar girl thread? Just a country girl I know.

digging.jpg

digging 2.jpg

20. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Mainly excavators and dozers around here. Some shots mucking out the end of a pipe that broke into a retention pond. We rented the haul truck from another company to help with the clean up of a new developement site.

Chris own 048.jpg

Number 65 and haul truck 001.jpg