1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Exact Services- thanks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy11, Nov 5, 2009.

1. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Hey man, thanks for the reply about the toro vs. honda snowblowers. That thread was closed so I posted here. I hear ya about the end of drives- sometimes I think about a back blade to drag out the drives and aprons, but really there's no where to drag the snow to and I can't put it in the street (illegal, dangerous). I find the best thing for the end of drives is a good old scoop type shovel, as much fun as that is not.

Think I might get another honda (quiet and powerful is good). Maybe even a 2 stage hydro.

I wish I could convert my wright mower to a snow pusher, but don't think the traction would be there and don't want to destroy a $7k mower either!

someone invent a ride on snowblower already please.

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

they do have ride on snow blowers, and your mower probably has a attachement that well fit on for snow blowing, it is going to cost you some money, but i am sure it is available

3. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Lawnboy11,

Your welcome. Yes a stand on mower/blower concept would be great. I think a 36" wide full housing tilt hydro track drive stander with 20-25hp would do the trick. Maybe Gary at Better Outdoor Products could work on it. Even if a stander hydro track drive blower was developed I think the cost would begin to bleed over into the law of diminishing returns on capital investment. There are some specialty blower on the market that are used at ski resorts and such but it seems that posters here on plowsite in the past just say save thousands and buy a Honda HS1132 or 928. I'm even a bit skeptical of the Walker mowers with the front blower attachment being much more productive than my Honda 1132 2-stage unless your doing a fair amount of bigger driveways. Even with the Honda 1132 it stays on the truck for $3k worth of ballast unless snow conditions warrant. I use folding aluminum ATV ramps so it's a fairly quick operation but it is slower than just lifting a single Toro or Honda blower off the truck. I'd like to have a chance to directly compare with the tractor front mount blowers, Walkers etc. The track drive Hondas do have that 3 position tilt angle so the lowest position does get down to the driveway with the scraper bar. What I don't like about the Honda 2-stages is the hunched over working position since I'm tall and the counter intuitive hand crank for the discharge chute.

4. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

thanks again-
    I have a 2 stage toro that's old, but don't think I even used it the last few years. I might get a honda 2 stage, but maybe only if a blizzard is forecast- in which case I better act fast! The single stages clean so much better and also handle the sloppy snow, ice, sleet, slush, water mix we've been getting the last few years. A lot of times I use a 36" poly shovel instead of bothering w/ the blower in light snows.
    I used to use ramps also (pain in the nutz), but now just pull my open trailer and drive slow- I only go 2 miles to the farthest house.

5. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

buckwheat- I would need something 36" or less (width of sidewalks here) with the speed and agility of a wright stander. Never seen one. have you? no tractors. thanks

6. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

There are two Bombardia (sp) ride in sidewalk plows on ebay, one is around $5000 the other has a vblade and the bidding is still low, do they offer a blower for these? I have never even sene one untill i ran across them on ebay

7. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

not that this helps, but i know that the walker mowers have a snow blower unit, and i have seen them used on some pretty small walkways but that is the best i've got

8. Exact Services

Exact Services Senior Member

Lawnboy11,

I think you'd like the Honda HS1132 it's 32" wide and frankly a handy size. Like you said the singles are faster in lighter snowfalls. In fact I had buyer remorse last winter when I realized the big Honda was going unused. All it took was some heavy overnight snow falls of over a foot+ and I quickly realized I would of been SOL with out the big 2-stage.

Check you PM inbox - I sent you a pm for info on simplified residential rates for snow fall.

:waving: