1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by carlriv2, Nov 8, 2011.

1. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

I just ordered a snow dogg EX90 plow. I own 5 9' X-blades, will I be happy with the snow dogg instead (I know its a full trip blade)? I also plan on installing it myself on a 2012 dodge 2500, is that an easy install?
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

I have one and I like it. I bought the wings also. I used to have blizzards so the dogg had some big shoes to fill.
  3. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I have one as well, this will be my 3rd winter plowing with it. It's definately a nice plow.. Put it on my F250. It will go through just about anything!!
  4. carlriv2

carlriv2 Senior Member
    from Mass

The install went well, when I found the time. The only concern I have is the support brackets that angle back to the frame. We had to drill 2 bolts on each side, and the instructions said to thru bolt but be careful not to crush the frame. We tightened them up tight, but we can still turn the bolts with a wrench (they are tight). If we tighten them any more I'm afraid we will crush the frame. Will this cause any problems in the long run?

Perhaps someone from Buyers can comment?
  5. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

I just read another post with the exact concern. Scott had chimed in and said those bolts should not be overtightened due to the possibility of crushing the frame and that snug is plenty due to them being used in a shearing load opposed to a tension load. You could always contact him directly if you are still concerned.