1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EX90 is not holding up to a c4500

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike S, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

My ex90 with wings is falling apart! pins, bolts, and frame work is not holding up. Even the bolts that mount the pump sheared. This is the best part, I have not plowed hardly at all with it. its 3 seasons old. the first season we had 4 small pushes, second season no pushes, and this season a 3inch, and 2 one inch pushes which the truck was parked for most of the pushing because i was in the wheel loader. IIm not mad just laughing sharing info.

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Lets see some pics, that is bad. May want to get Scott involved, Im sure he'd like to know so he can make changes or fixes in the design.

3. Mike S

Im guessing the company i bought it from made a mistake as far as if it should have been put on that truck. I didnt buy it localy because i was in a hurry and local guys didnt have one, and now that my local dealer is kind of involved they laughed and said that plow shouldnt be on there. oh well not buyers fault if the dealer made the mistake. But if buyers thinks its ok to be on that truck I want them to know thats not the case for me lol. I just cant be leave how many bolts have snaped. The bolts that attach the skin of the plow to the frame are snaping, not the cutting edge bolts but the bolts on the top that the shield would be bolted through. The shield has been gone since the first push, it broke into many pieces. I knew something was going on when I had to replace the cutting edge and had to torch all the bolts off and then the bolts where pinched by the skin and had to beat all of them out and then take the plasma cutter and blow the holes in the skin bigger so that I could even get the new bolts back in and when the new edge was bolted up it was very wavy. The wings are holding up great and IMO they should be the part of the plow that should break if anything would but they are not. LOL!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Buyers will recommend everything down to an HD series for that truck, that's the problem. Have to do your research.

5. Mike S

HAHAHA I would like to load up about 7 ton of salt and put a HD on the truck and go bounce off some stuff and see what happens. LOL! Well it hard to do some research 3 years ago when I was one of the first to put a dogg on that type of truck according to buyers. They didnt even know what adapter harness would work on it. The dealer also compared the 9 foot ex to the 9 foot pro plus and said it would be the same concept so what else can u do. lol not much info 3 years ago

6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I took my fisher 10'mc off the inter 4700 i sold and this things a bear on my 4500 .Just got in from pushing round one of this blizzard and its like a bulldozer.If your looking for bulletproof you need a municipal plow.I wish it had wings though.

7. Mike S

No wings, no plow for me. Western9 foot pro plus with gay small wings sounds like my next plow

8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

There cheap for a reason. Better luck with your Western ProPlus!

9. Mike S

Na I think im going to keep running the plow until there is nothing left. I will post pics as it goes lol

10. Mike S

The wings on the Western are so small! Dogg really has the wings done right

11. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Wow - we've got a lot of those plows on Ford F-450/550's, so it is a legitimate application. The deflector and deflector screws I've seen in the past and corrected (we've gone back to Nylock nuts and a better deflector). It's pretty typical to torch off cutting edge bolts, it's just faster - but to install the new cutting edge I'm guessing your problem was the skin "springing" up as the cutting edge holds it down. The skin should be clamped down with pipe clamps to add reinstallation - but us changing to larger holes isn't a bad idea to make it easier to reinstall. I'll think about that.

I'm not sure how the studs for the HPU sheared - nothing should be hitting the HPU to cause any loading on them at all (that's 2x 3/8" studs were talking about). Did the nuts/studs vibrate loose maybe?

I'd be curious to see what actual issues with the plow you've had issues with (a-frame, moldboard, etc.). Feel free to send me some pictures at snowdoggtech@buyersproducts.com .

12. plowguy43

That's a stupid response, they are built better than most any DD plow, but anything will have problems now and then.

My VX95 was pushing 3 feet of snow today and wasn't phased at all.

13. Pushin 2 Please

Stupid response? Not at all. Thanks though.

14. plowguy43

Absolutely, you don't own one, you don't run one, and all you post is "they are cheap for a reason". I beg to differ after running 5 or so Fishers and 2 Boss plows, I can say for a fact my VX95 is built much better and less "cheap" than them.

Thanks though....

15. Pushin 2 Please

Your opinion.

16. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I've had my EX90 now for 3 years and have had just a couple issues.. Controller had to be replaced once, lift cylinder had to be replaced (issue with packing - known issue back then) and a headlight issue that my dealer screwed up on when installing that I just finally figured out.

Just plowed 22" of snow with it for 31 hours straight.. Great plow!!! No regrets at all. Only wish my dealer figured this out when I was in warranty so I wouldn't be out the expense to fix the lights. Regardless, this isn't Snowdoggs fault.

17. zoop

zoop Junior Member
    from DETROIT

Your right its not stupid, its ignorant! :laughing:

18. zoop

zoop Junior Member
    from DETROIT

X2

I also own a VX95, Western MVP Plus and a Meyers Super V2 and hands down the Snowdogg VX95 is the baddest of them all! Plus when there was a problem(Controller), Buyers(Crosby Equipment Company) replaced it no question ask for free .And I didnt even buy the plow from them ;)