1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EX90 Drop issue

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by blwnsmoke, Nov 3, 2012.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Had to hook up my EX90 a few weeks (almost 3 years old) ago to move it into my driveway (yard prep for the winter). Once hooked up, everything works great except for when trying to disconnect. I put the plow in float mode and it drops to the ground but it is extremely difficult to push down on the main cylinder to put slack on the chains. In fact, in order to give any slack on the chains, I have to climb on the plow and try to force the cylinder down by standing on it and using my weight. I actually have to stand on the snowdogg, squat and grab onto the headlight frame and pull up so all my weight is forcing the cylinder down.

The year before, all I had to do was put both hands on top of the cylinder and push down with ease.

Any ideas why it is so difficult to get the cylinder all the way down?

2. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

check the lift cylinder for rust. Rust forms and then it screws up the seal and the cylinder quits working. I've had to have my lift and angle cylinders replaced twice and now it looks like my lift cylinder needs replaced again. I sure would like to know why this is happening.
  3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Odd, but my cylinder won't go down unless i cross the chains and pull down. The crossing of the chains adds some force. Its always been fairly difficult to get down so I assume its normal.
  4. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

About that time SnowDogg has some issues with the lift cylinders with the seals being super tight. Loosen the top nut 1/2-1 turns and see what if it helps.
  5. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

I have to say.. Snowdogg is A++ when it comes to Customer Service. Scott has helped me out with a faulty controller outside of warranty (replaced it) and I contacted him about 10 minutes ago via PM regarding my issue. He responded almost immediately and offered to send a new lift cylinder free of charge because he thinks it has to do with the packing issue from the earlier plows.

Thanks Scott and thanks Snowdogg!!! Unbelievable Customer Service!!