1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ex90 Broke in a wierd spot??????????

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Mike S, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

It ripped apart?????????? I didn't think that was a weak point but things really look different when the cover flew off. Looks a little thin......... Getting a better repair job then the chain and a bolt. Believe it or not the chain and a bolt worked and we plowed with it for 12 hours...:rolleyes:
    Hope you see this scott!:D

609.jpg

623.jpg

2. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Isn't it funny how my EX90 did the same damn thing that yours did. I was out of warranty, Scott did nothing despite that it should not happen.

[​IMG]

3. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

Not only that, but I now have my 3rd controller acting up on me.. randomly puts my plow into float mode and the plow drops when I'm not even touching the controller. Go to hit the up button and the snowdogg on the top of it flashes on and off.. Happens a few times each storm.

Also drove over a frost heave and it tripped the plow from the bouncing.. that then snapped my headlight.. The plastic lens separated from the black rear section and was hanging down. How the hell does headlight crack and separate from the blade tripping??

I'm done with this plow this Spring.. getting rid of it. 2 parts of the frame snapping, 3rd controller is defective, headlight breaks from DRiVING (not plowing) over a frost heave.

Ridiculous!!

4. Mike S

the headlights issues you are having are common to me with every brand of plow ive owned. Blizzard, western, meyer, Curtis, and now the dogg. Ive bought 2 sets this winter, ive never had luck with lights. I haven't had controller issues. I carry a backup in the truck and have never needed it. Hmmmm...

5. Mike S

Im making a new bracket with a bushing that the pin goes through that will have a grease fitting on it. Its going to be over kill but after looking at the damage the metal was really worn down from the pin until there was almost nothing left. So should be nicer. I will take pics.

6. Mike S

Well we have snow coming and had to make a quick fix..... didn't get to finish machining my parts so 3/8's plate should hold.

7. Mike S

After looking at the other thread and pictures, plus fixing another EX90 with the same problem I would say there is a design issue there on the frame! The frame might be ok on the smaller plows but........

8. Mike S

Apparently my plow was also broke at the pivot on the sector. Cracked exactly in the same spot as a certain some eles I know. Glad I caught it. It was even cracked through the tube steel the the pivot bolt goes through.