1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EX80 First Plow Review

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by KAG, Mar 29, 2009.

1. KAG

KAG Senior Member

I haven't taken it off the truck yet to really look at it because I hit a couple curbs, not hard but still.........

Lights - No problem but all the lots were pretty well lit.

Mounting........still a pain in the @ss

The hard plastic electrial connections need to be made of softer more pliable material.

This thing is in its element when plowing at speed on smooth asphalt. It throws snow an incrediable distance. At slower speeds it peels the snow well until you get snow build up. I had some ice and snow build up that had to be cleaned off a couple of times.

With the snow stuck to the blade the thing does not like to lift. Also to get the blade to lift in a pile I had to back up first then lift it. Needs a stronger lift mechanism.

The black plastic on top would not last a season and after one hard night/day of pushing it is worn at the corners at the spot of attachment.

Snow Dogg needs wings.....I know all straight blades do.

It rode well on the front of the truck. Not much bounce at all.

I would add stiffer trip springs as it trips fairly easy, not a big problem but........

All in all I like it.

Keep in mind this is my first truck mounted blade, I am use to using and abusing heavy duty SS mounted Straight and V-plows.