1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Everything works but low and high beams - Specs Inside

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by westernplow88, Dec 24, 2012.

1. westernplow88

westernplow88 Junior Member
    from NJ

Hey everyone, First off i know this is the fisher section but all of my wiring is fisher stuff. I have been having problems with my used plow set up. I bought it from my father in law. Its an 8 ft western ultra mount. My issue is that it now when i plug the plow up everything works but the low and high beams. The specs are

2001 GMC 2500 HD crew cab, 8 ft bed
    2 Plug Harness
    12 Pin control harness with numbers part with tag numbers 66610 and a different part number of 66790 (fisher - purchased new)
    6 relay with DRL module item and part number 26071 (fisher - purchased new)
    the plow lights are grote 6473 lights. connected to a W61558 harness

Ive been fooling with it and when i add ground using my power probe i can get the lights to turn on (both high and low beam) but they arnt the brightest things. side note when you plug in the harness everything works as it should (plow, blinkers, truck lamps go out) just the plow low and high beams dont work

Any help or tests for what to do would be really appreciated. Currently im just going through some western trouble shooting diagrams and what not

also when looking at the pinout of the controller by the harness, i noticed it has 10 pins and the plug for the joystick only has 7. I didnt pin that connector and ill be checking it out tomorrow.
  2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Check for two fuses in the Fisher harness some where on the truck side, I can remember losong all headlights to plow (high and low beams) once while plowing in a 99 NBS Silverado with that 6 relay system, I had just replaced a sealed beam and when replacing the bezel on the plow light I pinched a couple wires on that metal thing in the head lamp housing and the bezel and it took a while but the wires chafed and shorted and blew the fuses, they didn;t go at the same time ,I lost low beams and soon after I lost high beams.