1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Everything but the plow:(

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by heavyDully, Dec 27, 2014.

1. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Yeah the dealer said ever thing is installed but no plow. How is that possible? Waiting for 2 mos for installation , today is install day. Went to pick her up, but no plow. Joystick, owners manual, for salter. Salter was installed. Owner manual for plow, but no plow.. ask when and said didn't know. Did I miss something? Is this a normal delay from boss in the middle of the season? Can I contact boss directly and ask what's going on? Or do I just have the new guy jitters? Fustrating:mad:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

:Dseems to me like your life is upside down
  3. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Lol first time I smiled all day. Thanks!! I feel like it is... no not really just vexed
  4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

That's a bunch of crap. That's a drop in communication. He should be able to give you a answer on time somehow. He also should have told you he wouldn't be able to finish it completely.A few weeks ago I wanted a part from a dealer. One said they didn't know when. Another said back ordered and could be summer. I called their supplier and he said 2 weeks. The bottom line is someone can always give you a answer. It's just how hard do you want to get a answer. He sounds like he's not trying very hard. To bad that's the dealer you have to use.
  5. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

They seem like good honest guys, hell went to school and kinda sorta grow up with one of there main guys. I just can't see boss shipping everything but my PAID FOR 9'2" Poly v. Backorder is what I was told 11/01/2014. I'm gonna call boss Monday and try to get some answers. Same time I'm not trying to step on any toes, nor am I accustomed to taking it lying down. At least give me a proper reach around.:cry:
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Absurd. Beyond the pale. Unacceptable. Give me my money back, right now.
  7. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

And to beat all. It is snowing outside here in Kokomo, IN.
  8. Bird21

Bird21 Senior Member

I was in the same boat, Boss is out of the poly plows for some reason. Ordered mine 2 months ago as well and it is still not here. After some calls from the dealer a stainless V is here for the same price. Worked out pretty good.
  9. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Haven't seen much here in the indy area at all this season. I guess it's time for me to look for A plan B truck anyway.... after all I'm gonna need a back up. I manage to be friend some local guys in my area, they are aware of my situation. With the SO CALLE back order and my DENTCO accounts I can only salt at this point. Gentleman said he be down to help, cash or 1099 said it didn't matter to him, one day he may need me. That's one think I like about all you guys. It's like we're compititors but evereveryone seems so eager to help. That's amazing.
  10. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Oh boy, now I'm getting scared... great, not good for me ummm. I'll have to remain on my faith
  11. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Nothing to get excited about. The ground is to warm and it is melting as fast as it is falling. I've yet to plow one thing this year. :cry:
  12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My Fathers 9.6 V plow I order the ship date keeps getting push back been 27 days since I order it
    I was told 1 week then was told 1 more week now was told Dec 30
    So don't think its just Boss
  13. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Roger that, and sry to hear you are going through some of the same woes,. Although that does take pressure off a little......... guess lot of us are in the same canoe. Paddle anyone
  14. Fannin76

Fannin76 Senior Member

Tell Them you want a demo blade until yours comes in
  15. Antlerart06

No I'm not in same canoe He only comes in part time to plow snow. Its not a main plow rig .
    I have 3 trucks 1 tractor and a Skid thats main plow fleet with 3 loaders and his truck once his plow come in for back ups or blizzard storms.

I would have the dealer sent me the truck side they have that in stock but was going cost me extra shipping. So its a waiting game for the whole thing.
    They have plenty of the MVP3 in stock. They sold out of the MVP plus. They even offer sale me a MVP3 for same price as the plus model but I already have 2 of the plus and my father wants one like them.

I do know it suckswaiting on something
  16. heavyDully

heavyDully Member

Yup sure does. I looked into westerns but I went with boss because the dealer is 2 miles from my home. I have a John deer and a CATS ( dealer )here in indy, been looking online @ skids, loaders but that's obviously over my head for now. Will be renting until I'm financially able to step up efficiency and production.
  17. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would on the phone with Michael Hoffman 1st time Monday morning giving the him WTF chuck talk!!!!
  18. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

I hope you guys kept your old equipment. After reading this I will definitely not sell anything until its replacement is up and running.
  19. Antlerart06

Nope Truck and Boss V was traded in on a 2015 Chassis
    Did get a Cannonball Bale bed on So it can at least work

Most of the time I don't wait this late to order a plow

But Didn't trade till First of Dec
  20. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I'd go on craigslist and buy any boss that will fit,sell it after the new one arrives.Or keep it for a back up blade.