1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

everyone need to raise their rates!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jay brown, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

stopped by to look at a 08 f250 cc psd today and the list was $50k!!! i know i need to raise my rates this year just to keep up with inflation. last year i raised my service call rates to match the ford dealership rates of $70 per hour. i figure if they charge that rate and you have to bring your car to them i should get the same for going to a customers house and climbing up on their roof. just venting
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The wife got sticker shock last spring. She gets the idea to go shopping for a newer truck for me. The first one we look at is what I want, F-250,PSD, extended cab, short bed, super duty, 24k on it and even Red. The salesman said $28K and she went berserk!
    Hey what do you expect? It's a $35k truck brand new !
  3. Ole Tower

Ole Tower Senior Member
    from MAINE

everyone need to raise their rates?

In this world of higher & higer Prices! w/every one in this needing more MONEY! just to stay Afloat WE all face many $$ probems! & we all need more Money just to Survive! ME as an Ole GUY I have to GO in another Direction! as prices of NEW! are out of my $$ budget as mentioned in previous POST! $50K for any pick Up is completly out of the Question! so I Improvise! & heres what? I See taking Place! those that Can afford NEW BUY NEW w/ all the Warrantees they Can Afford! especially those in Business! & w/ the Warrantees & write Offs? have to TRADE! w/ the Warrantess & write Offs END! & NEW Vehicle Lots Wholesale & Auction OFF 99% of Trade Ins So theres NO! large numbers of USED vehicles to Chose from! as there simply NOT There! I being an Ole GUY & Retired & ********?? got a DEAL on my 96 mainly because? I found ONE & took three days of Dickering w/ the Dealer which YOU working GUYS couldn*t afford to DO! Due to your need to Work Long Hours! just to Survive!! ME being an Ole TINKERER! I ask? the members Here questions? & received Answers! &THUS! Buy a few Parts & Tinker! & I end UP w/ a Pretty Good dependable Truck! THANKS to Guys here in the KNOW! & as I stated! in a previous POST! All You working GUYS can*t Afford to DO what I DID! as YOU simply DO Not have the TIME! as Your Working! Even I couldn*t have Done IT! w/ Out the INFO & HELP! of the Members of this SITE! & I*LL Admit I was ONE very Nervious GUY during those Three Days of DICKERING! w/ al those Salesmen! & after my Deal was Finalized & YES! I Stole Mine! I thought of All You Working GUYS!! When I Drove IT On my Freinds RAMP Truck! YOU Working GUYS! Were in My THOUGHTS When It was LOADED I went to the Parts Dept & Ordered all the Parts I noticed that needed to be Replaced as they HAD my MONEY & I had my TRUCK!-- AS IS!--NO warrantee Any Thing! & as an Ole GUY! that Worked all my LIFE YOU were ALL On my MIND! out there! working your Butts Off! Supporting Your Families w/ Long hours & small PAY! & I have to THANK OSKOSH for His Day by DAY internet Detailed Support! as I never could have Pulled It OFF w/ out HIM & I have Never Met OSKOSH face to face! I realize this Post is overly LONG so PLEASE FORGIVE! as I Dono? any other WAY! to TELL It like It really IS!--THANKS all YOU GUYS! as its Pretty NICE! to be OLD & have Freinds like All of YOU! just a Few Keys Away! on this SITE! GOD BLESS!! --OleTower--