1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Everyday Drivers

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KINNCO, Jan 22, 2008.

?

Do you drive your plow truck for an everyday driver?

Poll closed Jan 16, 2009.
  1. YES

60 vote(s)
    65.9%
  2. NO

13 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. SOMETIMES

18 vote(s)
    19.8%
  1. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

I was wondering how many guys go through mounting:eek: and unmounting:mad: for everyday driving:rolleyes:

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

i do if snows however this winter has been so crappy here its been off since dec 31 so i too answer your question 1 vote from me . it is the pain but you get good after awhile of doing it hahaha

3. rmorrison9773

rmorrison9773 Junior Member

It only takes a couple of minutes.

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i dont think taking the plow on and off is that big of a deal. if someone really doesnt have the ambition to do it they must be pretty lazy.

i dont have a plow truck. i have a truck i drive daily that has cement blocks and a snowblower in back and sometimes a snowplow on the front with amber light on the roof.

5. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

4 trucks and 2 cars so i dont have2 drive the trucks

6. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

We were talking about the weather a while back, how it was supposed to be a big storm the next day. My uncle says to my cousin and I "Well you guys should go get your plows on." I reminded him that they only take a few minutes and it's not the same ordeal he was used to. We all had a pretty good laugh. I don't do a lot of plowing, don't have customers. My truck is also my "daily driver" but I rarely drive it during the week as I have a company vehicle. I still put on nearly 30K miles in the last 10 months.

7. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Wow...my SnoWay is a dream to mount and dismount...literally one minute for the whole process (once it's lined up for mounting...sometimes takes a couple of approaches with the truck) but that's the nature of the beast with lining up by yourself. I park right in the mount position each time I pull into my parking spot so I check the alignment every time and I seem to be hitting the pins a bit better each time.

8. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

Well I guess I was thinking about...I plowed all day, cooked dinner...my wife is going to school to get her masters degree so I don't have to work so hard:), I had the 3 boys and a truck full of groceries. My Western really isn't hard to put on or take off.
    I can mount the plow and my spreader in about 5 minute alone and 2-3 with a little help from my friends.
    I'm not *****'n just wondering:angel:

heres one for the poll answers:drinkup:

9. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal to just keep it on. I leave it on till I know it' s not going to snow for more than one day. It really isn't that nuch of incovience to drive around town with it on.

10. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

11. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

my plow stays on from late september to late april...my truck is not my daily driver but it does get driven enough downtown and in traffic..but i have no issues driving w/it on :)

its such a ***** to put on/take off i like to only do it 2 times a year(dismount/mount)

12. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

thanks MOWBIZZ...I'm workin on #3 right now :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

hope your not working too hard....:D

14. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Mine only takes about 3-5 minutes to remove or hook-up, so if I know I won't need it for more than 2 days, sometimes I remove it...

Not a big deal either way...

15. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

I take both plows off so it will snow. If it is forecast to snow and I leave them on then it doesn't snow.

16. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I drive my truck everyday. Its really not to much trouble to take the plow off when you have a BOSS:nod::D lol

17. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

We wash all the trucks down and I remove plows from the 2 newer trucks right away, the old F-350 the plow only comes on to have the truck worked on otherwise it stays on all winter.

18. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

dont you love it, takes like 30 seconds to do....:)

19. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

3xBoss:drinkup:

As soon as I'm done plowing.
    So what if you have to put it back on it only takes,
    well ,you know,
    you've seen the commercial.

20. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

It really is great hah.