1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Every new guy seems to ask recorded snow fall.. Add me to that list :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jb3nh, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Hey Fellas,

I'm one of the new guys out here, and this site has been an awesome resource.

I've searched the web and hit up the major websites including PlowSite, to find the average daily recorded snow fall amount for my area Stratham NH 03885 starting in Dec of 08. I'm not having alot of luck finding which days and how much accumulated. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank You Very Much!
    John

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The best you'll find for any area are yearly totals. Daily are WAY too varied - even a few miles can make a big difference. The best way is to keep your own records and in a few years, you'll have a creditable database. BUT - be sure to keep a backup disc. I didn't and lost eight winter's worth of data last January. Virus got in and destroyed it so even the Geek Squad couldn't recover it.

For annual figures, try NOAA.

3. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

4. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

Thank You Mick!

I'll definately be taking more care for my own measurements. Elevation, drifting, proximity to the ocean all factors to be takin into consideration for individual record keeping.

-JB

5. jb3nh

jb3nh Member
    from eastern

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

If you get paid per push (thats the only way to go) then who cares about total snowfall? JMO