1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Every Door Direct Mail

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by born2farm, Sep 6, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Just throwing out there an idea for you guys who still do direct mail advertising. This is a fairly new program from the USPS tha does not require any permits and is fairly cheap. This program sends to every house on a select mail route. Search for it on the internet or go to your local post office and pick up the information, which is what I did. To put it in perpsective I am sending 700 pieces to a target neighborhood for under $90.00 in postage. Just trying to help some guys out.

2. highmark923

highmark923 Member

Great information, thanks for sharing!

3. CS-LAWNSERVICE

CS-LAWNSERVICE Member

Keep us informed on the outcome of this .

4. born2farm

I will let you know what kind of response I get out of this. First round of post cards is going out tomorrow. If you have any specific questions pm me.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You have them do the print to correct? I did look into it when you design you flier online with them and they have it printed and mailer out.

6. born2farm

I am not sure on which program that is. For this one I had my local print shop print me up the post cards then you bundle them and print off the appropriate paperwork and take it to the post office. I do not know if I would want the postal service printing them for me or not. This way I still have complete control of when they go out and actually have the post cards in my hands.

7. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Sounds like a good idea, any chance we get to see your postcards?

8. born2farm

I will try and get a copy of my post cards up later tonight.

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey Brock thats a great idea. Thanks for the tip:waving:

Which site did you use to 'print off the appropriate paperwork?"

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

sonds like a good idea and $90 seems reasonable

11. grandview

Was confused when you said post office .I do that every year for landscaping. 5,000 post cards sent out to the zip codes I want.

12. Remstar

Remstar Member

I use the canada post option. This year I sent out 140,000 postcards in my area. Throw enough money at anything and it will produce results.

13. swtiih

on a 140,000 how many new accounts do you think you will pick up

14. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

I havelooked at direct mail before and the numbers did not add up for the goals at the time. This looks like alot better rate. Thanks for the heads up.

15. grandview

Figure about1- 3% call back on them.

16. Remstar

Remstar Member

1-3% is very optimistic Or mabey you just have a very needy area. Based on my results you can expect 1 call per 1000 sent, or less (.0005 - .001%). Real world results based on a professionally designed marketing peice. Off 140,000 I generated around 100-150 leads. Its hard to tell bc I have lots of other ad sources where they could be calling me but the phone definatly got hot for a while.

17. grandview

Yes some calls do come in but a lot of them are bottom feeders and looking at price only.

18. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I looked into this once upon a time and for 10,000 postcards the USPS wanted $1800 just postage:eek:

19. grandview

Cost me 1100.00 for 5000 postcards mailing and the guys fee to send them out.

20. swtiih

was it worth it for the new business you got