1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ever seen a blade (plow) on a blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Smitty58, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 Senior Member

I have a cub cadet blower with 8hp, 28" width, 5 forward, 2 reverse. The thing is a beast but it's heavy. So I bought a smaller 2 cycle last year and let the big one sit. I've been thinking about fabbing a plow on the front of this thing. I'm thinking it may be great for those tough to reach areas that my truck can't get in. Would also be a great sidewalk plow. Anyone ever seen one or have one. I'm thinking about maybe a 36" wide blade like what would be used on a lawn tractor.

2. Eddie D

Eddie D Member

We use allot of the Gravely machines with a 4' blade. Most my work is in Manhattan and people never stop coming so we would never get anything done if we had to stop every couple of minutes to let people go by.

They work great with a blade and you could probably find and old blade on ebay and fab something up. The only problem is when the blade hits an edge of a sidewalk the handle goes right into your groin area and well enough said!

3. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I fabbed a V-plow on an old as skunk Gilson. Worked excellent for the single pass asphalt sidewalks it was used on. Use caution if your on concrete and can catch edges...what was said before is not so cool...lol