1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever see a Fisheyer snowplow?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LON, Aug 21, 2010.

1. LON

LON Senior Member

Have a customer who wanted the Fisher wiring and hook up but wanted a full moldboard trip. Here's our hy-brid

DSC02124.JPG

DSC02123.JPG

DSC02122.JPG

DSC02125.JPG

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

UMMMM... that's a first lol (especially on a brand new plow)!

Why didn't they just get a Western plow (basically the same as Fisher but with a little different mounting system, same wiring/pump, and with a full trip moldboard)...

Something looks a little fishy there....:D:laughing:

3. LON

LON Senior Member

Former Meyer owner that switched.

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

why would he want a full tripp? hard on the riggin, i have seen meyers blades on fisher headgear before, but that was the old speedcast headgears

5. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Is it just me, or is that mount just a tad too low...

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have sean Meyer blades on old Fisher Speed Caster plows. But never on a new one. My only question is, why? :dizzy:

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I can see those intensifires tearing up :cry: :cry: :cry: :laughing:

8. mercer_me

I don't blame them. I would be to.

9. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

any more pics of trucks with fishers on them?

10. LON

LON Senior Member

8-10" curbs and 6" trip edge didn't work well together.

11. LON

LON Senior Member

@ Fisher school in Rockland now or I would some more pics

12. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Hmm looks like if that where going to be a problem so would be the undercarriage of the plow frame looks to be about 6 in from the ground or less. Hope he does not have many steep dips to go over.And thats with the weight of the plow off the truck. How bad is tha thing with the plow raised? Maybe the pictures are decieving ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  13. LON

LON Senior Member

they have the torsion bars cranked and add ballast when winter hits. Did'n't have it done now due to winter being a couple months away

14. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

15. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

at least he won't have the meyer pump problems!! That Lot pro is a big improvement over other meyer plows. I agree why would you want a full trip plow. Good for lite snows, basically worthless for big/wet snows

16. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I think that it is a very creative solution to something their customer wanted, and obviously the customer was willing to pay for it......
    We may not all agree with it, but it's not our truck.
    Better than not selling anything to that person.

17. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

So how'd you do it- Just use the A Frame/Moldboard from a Meyer and attach to the headgear/hydraulics of the Fisher? or is that a Western A Frame?

18. LON

LON Senior Member

Cut ears off of Meyer A-frame, added a length of 3" channel, punched out a set of 3-hole ears and welded it all up. Ended up only 1/2" off in pin-hole to pivot pin measurement. Went together a lot better than I thought it might with this new Lot Pro. Had done C-8.5 in the past and it went better than them.

DSC02044.JPG

19. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You'd never know, that is a clean setup!

I can't imagine how many other plowers will be scratching their heads as this guy drives through town.

20. mercer_me

:laughing: It's going to turn alot of heads that's for sure.