1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever ordered parts from

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rockcrusher4x4, Jan 11, 2003.

1. rockcrusher4x4

rockcrusher4x4 Member

I am thinking of ordering parts from (Replacement Commercial Parts Warehouse) Mail order has anyone ever used this company before and are thier parts good quality or just aftermarket junk? And how is thier warrenty on things. Seems thier prices are pretty good but sometimes you get what you pay for!!
    Thanks
    Joe

2. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

I've ordered from them quite a few times over last few years. Phone orders and online. Never a problem. They also have a very easy to use web site.
    http://www.rcpw.com/index.htm

3. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

We use www.j-thomas.com and have never had a problem....

Have not used the company you mentioned, but that doesn't mean they are not good.... and if someone else here has used them and says it's not a problem company, that would be a good reference.

4. rockcrusher4x4

rockcrusher4x4 Member

Thanks,
    I just got thru going to thier web site,(rcpw) looks simple to use for ordering parts. Like thier cataloge that you can download.
    Joe

5. NoSnow

NoSnow Member

should have added I tried a few after market parts - belts and blades, everything else was OEM. Again no problems with anything.

6. AtlasFBG2

AtlasFBG2 Member
    from Ohio

I had called them before asking about u edges.Asked the guy if they had a 7'6" edge in stock and cost.He said they had them but he couldnt find a price on them and would have to call mpt to get a price.I told him i could be there in a hour and a half to get it.He never did call me back.

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I use CPW (www.centralparts.com) all the time....thier prices are great,,shipping is quick and i have never had a problem returning anything with them. Have been using them for about 5 yrs now.

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Earthscapes, I'm glad you posted that. I was looking through CPW catalog the other day when I thought I'd need a cylinder. CPW's price for a Fisher MM angle cylinder is exactly half of my dealer's. Is there any difference in quality? Seems pretty extreme for the same part. Hydraulic fluid was within a couple of pennies per quart.

9. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

rcpw is about a half hour from me and i use them all the time...most of the parts are buyers and not factory oem but i generally have not had a problem.we just drive there to get parts and they are fairly knowledgeable on run of the mill parts but as with many other parts companies they are not as "crest of the wave" with the new technology as they should be....poly edges

They do stock just about everything.

10. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Mick.....we bought alot of cylinder's and motors from them when we were running meyer's(at my old company,,9 fords and all meyers and 3-5 rookie drivers a year) and i can't ever remember having a mechanical with any of their parts. It was mainly all driver error and the fact that the plows were beat.

I still to this day buy motors from them for my western, because they are only $99.00 plus shipping which is still $50-60 cheaper than my dealer. I would have bought my 2 new cylinders from them too but my dealer matched their price.

Fluids,hoses,couplers,springs, and other small parts i usually get from a local dealer at "preseason discounts"

If they ever sell sno-way parts i'll be all set.

11. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

I've used them, J Thomas, & Angelo's with no problems with any of those companies, or the quality of the parts sent. Funny thing is one of the dealers around here uses CPW for parts. So the other day I'm shopping for a spreader motor. The girl at the desk is trying to see if they have the one I need in stock. She figures out they probably don't & then pulls out the CPW catalog. She's not familiar with which spreader I'm talking about so she's not finding the page too quickly, then she gets a phone call. So I grab the catalog & in 2 seconds I've got the page & pointing out which part it is for her. She said she definitley didn't have that one in stock, but could get it for Monday for around $425.00 + whatever the shipping would be. Since she had stayed a little past closing to wait for me to get there I didn't have the heart to tell her; um, I have an account with them & I can get the same motor for $340.00 + the shipping, and have it sent to my house for Monday instead of driving a half hour to here to pick it up LOL. If they'd had it in stock I would have paid their price to have it then though.