1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever loose your timbrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mcwlandscaping, Nov 23, 2010.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just wondering, but i was looking at something in the front end of my 97 the other day and noticed my timbrens on both sides are gone! The mounting studs are still there and round steel plate that is on top but the rubber timbren itself is gone! This ever happen to anyone else? Kinda sucks considering how much they cost!!
  2. tac48

tac48 Member

I was wondering about that. I just installed some on one of my trucks. First set I have ever bought. As I was installing them, I was thinking they did not have the toughest looking mounting bolts and the thread insert in the timbren is just molded in. Quite pricey to have them coming off. However, they do have a LIFETIME WARRANTY so maybe they will give you a new set. I would give it a try for 200 bucks. Lets us know if they do.
  3. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

Same thing happed to me, just the rubber part was gone everthing else was still there. They will send you new ones if you contact them. I told them when I purchased and they ask for my shipping address, three days later whole new kit shows up free. Thanks Timbren!
  4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Timbren will make good on any damaged parts, they are exspensive but worth it when they split or come apart, they replace with no questions for me.
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I find them all the time cutting along roadsides:nod:, they take alot of abuse and it's good that Timbren understands and stands up to their guarantee.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Thanks guys! Ill be making a phone call on monday :)
  7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Is there anyway to prevent this? Or just abuse over the years?
  8. djtidbit

djtidbit Junior Member
    from 60515

use loctite
  9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

How that help if bolt is snap off?

Have lost 2 on F250 I believe it cause by potholes here we have are giant which impact on bolt then snap off.
  10. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

Mine actually pulled off the other day when i was doing breaks, i couldn't believe it. The entire hardwhare remains but the inner part loses tension i believe and lets loose. Pissed me off to no aveal. I'll call tomorrow c what they say.
  11. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

They are alwys good about relacing tem, after all they cost 250 and ae probably a few dollars to make a piee