1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever heard or a 2004 2500HD OCC Conversion?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by brianbora1, Nov 21, 2011.

1. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

I came across a 2004 Silverado 2500HD with Orange County Choppers logos. It has one on each side above the 2500HD emblem and all the leather seats have the Logo embroidered into them! Truck has a lift and has aftermarket wheels and tires? Anyone ever seen something like this? If so any pictures, and what is the value, if any different? Any info would greatly be appreciated!

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

OCC is not the same without Jr and Vinny. PJD makes much nicer bikes these days.

That show got too big too fast. The days of when they made the Black Widow and Fire bike were the best. That's when the show was about building the bikes. Now it's a little bit of bike building with soap opera chick drama crap. I really don't care about Mikey's art being 1/4 of each show either, but I wish him success.

I'm looking forward to the 3 way build off with Jesse James.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Ok thanks for telling me about the shows! I was asking about the truck? Lol

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Most likely a vehicle conversion company (regency, waldoch, southern comfort, etc) made it or a local company. The discription you are giving is pretty common for their work, most likely OCC gave the ok (got a cut) for the logo's. Lift kit, wheels, seat covers, and logo's don't cost a ton but new retail on the dealers lot I bet they asked for 10K over retail. Remember though in 2004 the economy was much different so I wouldn't give it too much value now. Also think about how that vehicle was driven by the first owner (which needs the attention to have such a truck).

5. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

If memory is correct, and the check is in the mail, and......

Before the economy went down the toilet and people couldn't't wait to pay $60,000 and up for a OCC bike Sr and or Jr decided to sell OCC custom Ford pickups.

These basically Ford pu's done up with bolt on accessories and OCC logos similar to what Ford dealers do with their Harley Davidson edition pu's.

I guess OCC did both Fords and GM's.

To me not worth anything extra. I would not pay more because Ford put Harley on the side of the truck, or OCC put their name either.

Would you?

No added value.

6. djagusch

from mn

I fogot to mention. Some lift kits for Chevy (rancho don't know about others) cut part of the front diff case off to turn it to correct driveline angles. They put a bracket in but it still can't be put to stock without buying a new diff.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

thats incorect info there as most people dont know about the lift kit companys offering a back to stock kit that gives you a new bracket to bolt on with longer bolts for the diff ear to be put back in its place and NOT have to buy a new diff housing.

hope this helps someone out later on.

and i just did this last week on a truck guy waned back to stock for resale value back in the truck over the lifted value.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I'm sure they are cool trucks (never seen one), but why would you pay that much just to advertise for them? It's the same thing as the Harley F-series trucks.

9. djagusch

from mn

Just putting a metal bracket on a diff doesn't make it stock. That diff is not stock after the ear is cut off.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Splitting hairs? ^^^^^^^

11. sweetk30

x2 on this .

guy above wants 100% stock then he needs a new frame. as you cut off a crossmember bracket also and back to stock kit gives you a section to weld on or bolt on dep on style of kit.

and if you wana buy a whole new diff go for it and dont get sticker shock.

just posting info for others to know its out there and can be put back to stock style suspension fairly easy.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Agreed........by most of us referring to "stock" we mean stock height. And the replacement bracket is just as strong. I don't see the negative side of putting a lifted truck back to "stock". I lift them, not lower them back down to stock height......but to each his own, its very possible, and safely so.

13. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And to the OP.........why are you asking us for pics? You saw it with your own eyes! Where are the pics for us to see!?!? ;)

14. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Wanted to see another one! It was at a local dealership! Basic looking 2500hd with the extra badges! Leather with occ logos sewn in! Not a great looking truck! Basically stock other then lift with different tires/wheels. I went to see to get some pictures, not there now.

15. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

Here are some pictures!

79,+++ miles and they were asking 18,999. Not anything I would be interested in! Just out looking. I just noticed that they removed the OCC logos above the 2500hd emblem!

occ1.jpg

occ2.jpg

occ3.jpg

occ4.jpg

occ5.jpg

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

$19k for that? The wheels are ugly and that exhaust appears to be quite hack. It used to be a nice truck.

17. sweetk30

[​IMG] man thats sick lookin.

exaust lookin funnky is from the 3" body lift. note tow hooks out of bumper holes and gap between box and frame. also gap under rocker to running boards. installed a lot of body lifts and thats a 3" body lift on that thing.

it does look tossed together options that just dont work for each other and make the whole thing sick.

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

According to the door badges, that's not even an HD. That truck is a hacked together POS.

19. brianbora1

brianbora1 Member

That's what I feel also! It keeps re-appearing!

20. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

And that interior. WTF is that? Looks like puke there too.