1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever heard of this???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by f350bob, Nov 18, 2011.

1. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

Hi guys; just got a new 8 1/2 ft Xtreme V in stainless. Worked fine at pickup, super fast. When i got home I realized that the buttons and functions are reversed on the Fish-Stik. SO when the blade is straight, you push the right button and the plow goes left? Also each wing works fine but the buttons are opposite so that the left button works the right wing. What did they do wrong at the dealership? They say "no problem" but admit they never heard of this before. Hope this is not a bad omen for this plow......bob

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Just take it back and have them fix it. I installed mine and I can't remember if there any wires or connectors that would cause this problem. The whole install is pretty straight forward. Wish I could help out more.

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Sounds like maybe s couple of solenoids are reversed to me. Could be a factory messup. Go back to the dealer and see if you can plug into another EZV and see if it works right or not. If the second plow works wrong, the problem is truckside, if the second plow works properly, the issue is on the plow itself.

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Take it back and have then address the issue. Installer should warranty the issue. Or....
    Just hold the controller upside down and all will be good..jk....in all seriousness take it back, that's why you pay for install.

5. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

If he holds it upside down, the lift piston controls will be backwards. Ok if he's a pilot and used to pushing up to go down I suppose.

6. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

you guys are to much...lol hold the control up side down, thats good...
    I have a appt next week, I just was wondering if anyone else had seen this! I'll fill you'all in with the news next week. Can i post a pic yet as a newbie?????

7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

yes you can posts pics,

where in ny are you?

8. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

DareDog sunny warm upper catskills>>>>>

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would bring it back and get it checked out before you start messing around with it

10. collins590

collins590 Junior Member

Truck side or plow side, all you need to do is change over the wires on the solenoids for the 2 wings.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do the scoop and vee buttons work properly?

Hooking up to an EZV won't do much good, the XV is multi-plex

Only two wires on truckside control the whole plow. Reversing them won't do anything.

12. collins590

collins590 Junior Member

13. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's also possible that the hoses are on it wrong, since that's part of the dealer's assembly.

14. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

Got the plow over to dealer, hoses are backwards. Easy fix as I thought but l'll let them fix this using their Oil. thanks all