1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever hear of the company.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elite1msmith, Sep 30, 2010.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Lineupexteriormaintenace ? I was asked to pu a bid on something, but the bid sheet was very short and it made sure to mention a few spefic things that gives me second thoughts.

Only reason I would consider this is because I have 5 properties within 1 mile... So it could be high profit from that respect.

I'll post some of the verbage later but it's along the lines of, the national weather service will determine both snow fall dates and amounts...... Please list all charges on this bid sheet, any not listed will not be paid. It asks for pricing 2-6 and 6 up, but says we are sup post to maintain it thru out the day....with no frequency and no extra money for repeated trips, that is if I'm reading it correct. It says sanding or the use of chemical driver on the spec sheet, but on the pricing sheet it just says sanding?

And to top that all off, this might be a trip mall, and in that case only store xx is what I service..only the parking spots in front of the door, and sidewalks? Is that a liability issue? What happens if the main contractor already does it?

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Sounds vague. Scan and post here for review.

Often times, chemical apps are referred to as "salting" though you may use mag or cal chloride etc... Still referred to as salting. Weather data providers are often used for verification of snowfall, especially with maintenance type companies that are not and will not be on site to verify snowfall. Figure out where the closest weather station is that theyll be using. If you think that your locations may vary in some way because of terrain or lake effect or some other anomaly, propose something else as part of the contract.

Individual stores may want extra service on top of what the "trip mall" service provider does. I'd be surprised if there are many strip malls that don't operate under CAM principles with one service provider.

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

I have heard plenty of times using the NWS for official amounts, but they also went to the point to say that hey would dictate the "actual number of events"...

See what makes me think this is fishy, when you write 5 sentences desribing service required, and then you write 1/2 page requiring billing, and snow fall totals.....

This from a company in Arizona .... Just makes me think

Weird think is, I guess I would only have to plow ten parking spots

I also can't find a website for theses guys

4. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

we got the same thing... for a certain Wireless Cell company?? Same exact verbage and everything you got.
    I have done a bunch of searches on them even with the corporations bureau in Arizona and cant find anything.

5. elite1msmith

from chicago

yep could possibly be - PM sent

its not like this would be a huge deal or a huge risk..i mean i guess if they dont pay after 30 days we dont plow, but still if we were to get the short end on the deal, even losing $50 bucks in this economy is difficult

the worst part is, its just now oct 1st, you know there are last min, and more that still haev not signed up... so i could go after something different , this just happens to fit very well in this trucks route. and if it is on the up and up, it could be another "in" for us getting new and more business

6. fproperty

fproperty Junior Member

I got one from them yesterday. It is for an AT&T building. Haven't had time to look at the property yet, I tried to look up web site and couldn't find anything either. There was a contact person maybe I will have to give him a call and ask about the weather varification stuff and billing. There wasn't very much at all on billing on the bid sheet.

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

What were your thoughts? Send me a om when you can

8. elite1msmith

from chicago

Send me a pm, when you have more posts

9. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

Elite,

that pretty much our attitude on it, its within feet of a few other accounts we have and would fit in nicely, but the risk is the issue.

I have tried to call the contact and he has only responded via email, which makes me a bit nervous.

10. elite1msmith

from chicago

Imhave talked to him a few times on then phone, he was very short with me, I sent him an email this morning with a few questions, no response yet

11. fproperty

fproperty Junior Member

I send the contact person an e mail with some questions and all I got back was a bid sheet, didn't answer any of the questions. The property is about 15 miles out of my normal area. I did do some work a few years ago for US Maintenance and mostly it was good, they did jip me out of some money that they owed me though. I don't know if I want to take that risk again especially if the contact person won't answer questions and is short on the phone. If it was closer to the area that I do now maybe.

12. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I received the same RFQ and I'm in the same boat with this small property being sandwiched between some of our other accounts. Would be an easy addition but I couldn't get much of a response from this guy either.

13. elite1msmith

from chicago

No response yet either, and what is really sad, I walked into the AT&T store to speak with the manager, and to try and get the actual building itself from the CAM . Twice I called the store, and I was told I would get a call back and never did...great customer service huh

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

I'm just wondering...where did he get your guys info? He got mine fromSM

15. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Yep. Same here. On a side note, I've tried to get this store through the mgmt. or at least find out info on who to submit bids to but no one in there knows anything or seems to care at all.

16. elite1msmith

from chicago

im thinking im gonna take a pass on this situation, if they cant return calls or email responces, my guess is good luck getting a check

17. fproperty

fproperty Junior Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Sent them an e mail saying this property was out of my service area.

18. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

What's the name of the company? Dont be scared.

Arizona was home to the 2nd snowiest city in the country in 2009. Yeah, Arizona, where there's only cactus and its always hot! Right?

19. elite1msmith

from chicago

As posted at the top here

Lineup exterior maintenance

20. elite1msmith

from chicago

Did anyone do any business with this guy? Did he pay up? We decided not to bid