1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever have trouble signing on as a Member?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MickiRig1, Feb 9, 2013.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Every once in a while the site will not let me sign in as a member. It will go on for days some times. There is then no way to notify to owner or administer of the site. Since I can't even get on. Or, on with member privileges. Does it happen to anyone else? I am not complaining, it will just effect the traffic count . Effecting the sites income.

2. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

How did you get on tonight?

3. MickiRig1

It finally let me sign in. I know my pass word and user name. It just does not let me get in to the site. It took me 3 days to get in.

4. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

I was having problems initially where it would not accept my password, had to reset it a couple of times … other times it takes up to 4 tries to log-in, must be a glitch some where ???

On the issue of logging in, Why is it when you click on the remember me box after log-in procedures, it never does ?? …. just a comparison, but on other sites when you click on remember me you never have to go thru the whole Logging procedure until you reboot your computer or power down.

This also was not a complaint but only a peculiar observation …. having a blast participating :waving:

5. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I had similar problems, when I tried to reset my password I was asked a question for security purposes " how many fingers does a average person have? So I put 8, right? It then said I answered the question wrong. Ok so I figured the guy who made up the question maybe a little moronic, so I put 10. Still wrong answer, so the I just searched my email for the temporary password I was sent a while ago

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just click remember me and you won't have to sign in again. Even when I don't use my computer and I use another one I have to log in and I never have issues

7. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

yes, this is correct...when you sign in at the site, enter your user name and password and click the "remember me" box and you should be all set. then, you would not need to do this when you return to the site, as long as you do not "log out". however, if you do log out of the site, then you would need to login again upon returning

8. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

That's what I did do …. as posted in #4 of this thread …. But it doesn't remember me !

I use the exact same procedures as on other Forums.

NickT : that's too funny, I had the same question, so I answered 8 and 2 thumbs thinking it was a trick question …. the buzzer went off "WRONG" … :redbounce … so I played the game show one more time I re-answered 10 and the bells and whistles went off in approval :D …. :drinkup:

9. MickiRig1

I am not complaining. I just wondered if other people had the problem. I have been on the Internet since 1993. So I kinda know how to use it. The site will just not let you on once in a while. I enter my user name and pass word check "Remember Me" and it still rejects me! It can go on for days sometimes. I would think it effects the traffic count.