1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ever have one of thoughs day's ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nekos, Jan 22, 2006.

1. nekos

nekos Senior Member

ever have one of thoughs day's when every thing goe's wrong ?

wen't out a little early to plow some ones drive. they were stuck ...
    as i was heading over to their house my truck slipped out of 4 WD then got stuck in a snow bank.
    couldn't get back into 4wd for about 20 minutes, finally got into 4 low and pulled myself out. got a call from my boss that we were starting early. needless to say i was late . i still had to plow out the guy that was stuck.

about 2 hours after i got to work , i lost one of the pin's that hold the plow to the frame. < i didn't have an extra on me >

30 minutes later i was back up and running. headed over to a gas station that i hate doing . built up a sizable snow pile to block people from coming into the area / pumps i was plowing. of course some one needs to drive right into the snow pile and get stuck. was fun listening to them ***** at me and how im going to be getting sued for the damage to their car.
    as im sure all of you that do gas stations know ... every one that came into that gas station wanted to play in the snow so they all kept going to the area / pumps i was working on. :realmad: but that's nothing new.

thankfully the rest of the night was mostly uneventful , finally finished at about 10 AM. and headed over to do my own account's.
    one guy that has yet to pay for the first 2 storm's left 14 call's on my answering machine between 8 and 9 AM . i guess he finally got some one else to plow him out. oh well hopefully they charged him big $$$'s and actually made this dead beat pay. atleast i don't have to deal with this guy any more. thank god.
    next account, the poor guy shoveled his driveway !!! both of these guy's knew that i couldn't get to their house first thing in the morning. they both knew i work for another company and i can only get to their driveway's once im done. they were both fine with it !!! anyway 2nd account lost .

truck is going into the shop today. after repairs hopefully i won't lose any money for working last storm :angry:

anyway , sorry for the rant .. i had to complain a little :)
  2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea I've been there sounds like the day we all have every once in a while
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sounds awful familiar:cry: . Lost the same pin the time before last one out. Last time, diesel truck got "airlocked" fuel line. Been having electical glitches and plow pump freeze up all winter.

Seems to be a lot of it going around.
  4. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

ya 1st time out this season was a disaster, and that was also the lsat time we went out, dec 9th
  5. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Junior Member
    from midwest

I just had one of those days 2 nights ago. My 2 man shoveling crew decided that going to the bar was going to be a lot more fun then snow removal, so no show for both of them. Scrambled around and was able to get a few new guys, niether knew the rout or what to do. Got to the shop, truck was broke down, after an hour of messing with it I decided I needed to go and try and do everything with one truck. Things were going ok, sidewalk crew was really slow but I expected that. Had 3 places left to do 2 of which didnt need to be done until 10:00 am, and 1 big retirement home that was supposed to be done by 7:30 (2 hour job) and it was already 7:15 although they are over 60 days late on thier bill so I wasnt to concerned about that. Anyways I was getting in a better mood because I could see the light at the end of the tunnel of this crappy night....Nope, I was doing about 40 mph when my truck just went dead. Coasted it into a hotel parking lot and tried to assess the situation and came to the conclusion I should have just never got out of bed today. Had a friend finish my rout, towed both my trucks to service station, went home and went to bed. Got up to find out on my voicemail that theres hydraulic leaks on a bunch driveways of my biggest condo job. Hopefully next storm is better, personally I'm ready for spring.