1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever have a dream about snowplowing?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Roger Dodger, Sep 12, 2003.

1. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Ok admit it... we all have a stupid, weird dream about something at one time or another but today's, pre-dawn hours dream leaves me wondering "what and why".

All last season, I would occasionally see my neighbor's plow guy do their driveway using a F250SD. Nice easy push... shove everything straight into the back yard... two or three 60' passes and leave.

And now the dream: he shows up in late summer with a showroom shiny red F250SD sporting a front and back blade. He is scraping bare cement with both, making a ton of noise. He then hit's some hidden obstruction and a kaboom (on the order of a magnum rifle with a muzzle brake), rattles the surrounding homes. I'm within earshot of him, and as he notices me, he yells out, "just trying out all my customer's driveways as practice".
    I then get jarred from my sleep, woke up and noticed that I never did set the clock alarm!! Just in time though so as not to be late.

I don't know what interpretation to derive from that silly dream other than perhaps subconsciously I'd like that easy driveway job and a few more like that. Then again, maybe I should seek counseling or watch what foods I eat before going to bed! ;)

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

3. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

I have a few plowing dreams myself. I dont find it wierd because i spend 24 hours of my day thinking snowplowing. Soon the snow will be falling and the plows will be back out:cool:

4. JML

JML PlowSite.com Veteran

Yea, I dream about snowplowing all the time. Then I have nightmeres about getting paid.......

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

payup payup payup

cardoctor

6. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

I also had a dream about plowing the other day right before I woke up in the morning. I thought it was a little wierd but whatever.:drinkup:

7. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

All I can say is !!!WOW!!!:drinkup:

8. badranman

badranman Senior Member

I was going to start a thread on this but I see there's already one. I have the same 'snowmare' where I am backing my truck up and no matter how hard I put on the brakes I just can't seem to stop. Next thing you know...WHAM!!...right into the hood of a car!
    :realmad:

I've also had the one where you think it's snowing and you weren't ready for it , and now you're going nuts trying to figure a way to plow everybody without them getting pi$$ed at you.....man, I gotta stop these dreams! :sleeping:

9. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I don't necessarly have dreams, just the night that an event starts, I can never sleep, I get up 4 or 5 times, check the deck, check the radar, I might as well stay up and go out an wax my blade or somthing, or go to the first property and wait

10. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

OMG HAHA, I just had another sleep talking episode this past Sunday when my brother came in my room when I was sleeping.

I went to sleep early that night cuz I had a good break, didn;t get much sleep and I had school the next day. Well anyway, after I was sleepng for like an hour my borther said he came in and I kinda sat up and said, " Hey Michael, did you put the plow on? He was cluesless, I said it lanother time before my mom heard me too and she was confused too, finally I was like" What the he**, Michale, you put the plow on right? He was like yeah I did and I gues I laid back down and then when he came in, he was making some noise and I told him to "Get the f*** out of here." LOL I got up the next morning and they were all making fun of me. he wierd part is, this isn;t the first time I've done and said the same thing to my brother. It must be in my blood or something
    :D

11. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

this might answer questions..
    to dream of snow is generally a good omen,unless you ate snow in which case it portends a coming season of sadness.To dream of deep snow or of a snow storm signifies hard work but with unexpected success a the end.Wet snow on trees etc., is an omen of profitable investment.to dream of snow in autom indicates unusual happiness.In the spring it predicts an unanticipated material gain.IN SUMMER it means good buisness season ahead.In winter it means success after minor difficulties.On the mountains means good news.To wash in the snow means the end of troubled times you may now have.TO SHOVEL it augers help from influential friends.A dream featuring snow shoes predicts a surprise reward for a past kind deed.

hope that helps:drinkup:

12. easthavenplower

hey badranman this ones for you

if you dream of breaking a vehicle but it wont stopor makes a noise you would be very wise to consider very carefully befor accepting any new offeras there is to be a well hidden snag.

13. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

I have some psychological training as do couple of other forum members. We all went to different schools together. We had to get out of the profession because we found plowing to be more profitable then psychology.

I have annualized your dream buy some simple key words you have used I will highlight the key words and see if any of the other psychologist converted to plow men would like to comment on your dream and the true HIDDEN meaning of it

1-Ok admit it...
    2-see my neighbor's plow guy
    3-Nice easy push...
    4-shove everything straight into the back yard...
    5-He is scraping bare cement with both, making a ton of noise.
    6-and a kaboom (on the order of a magnum rifle with a muzzle brake),
    7-I'm within earshot of him,
    8-and as he notices me, he yells out
    9-I'd like that easy driveway job and a few more like that

Well good doctors lets see if we can find the real underlying problem here.
    And please lets keep this serious a mans mental health is at stake.

14. easthavenplower

isnt that what i did?i told him all about dreaming of snow i was not be a smart ass

15. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

:dizzy: you lost me. You and your friends went to different schools together. Thats an oxymoron.

16. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

Yeah sweet Dreams :D
    Well no I didnt' have any dreams yet. but I like to stand outside or look out my window at night to see that my plow and truck is right there, thinking of me in it driving around plowing parking lot or street.. getting alot calls...

man it's late I need my sleep.. but in middlenight I wake up for some water and check out the window before I go sleep again!