1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever forget a customer on your route?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Jpocket, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I forgot a customer yesterday, didn't realize until I got in bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She didn't call or anything, I rode by today and I guess the neighborhood kids shoveled it. I feel bad, because im a man of my word.

Any of you guys ever forget one of your "low priority" customers?

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I did the same once! I just called and apoligized to the customer and explained it was a long hectic nite and we had just overlooked it! They understood I gave them a discount on the next service and we still have the account to this day!

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Not yet, knock on wood. I have a notebook with all drives in it that gets a check everytime I do it. That way i can keep track of billing and such.

Now when I delivered papers a few years ago, that was a different story. I forgot people a few times but fortunately never the same person twice.

4. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

yup- usually it's for the cleanup runs, or special requests. One called me yesterday asked me to make sure the pile at the end near her stairs moved- too heavy for her to shovel. I forgot until this morning- She lives on my street. Got home and was so tired I just forgot.