1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever bypassed the

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gd8boltman, Nov 20, 2010.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

engine oil cooler lines, and installed plugs at the filter housing? We seem to battle excess seepage with several of our trucks, and I am getting tired of buying and installing these cooler lines, and I was wondering the net effect if we just plugged the holes at the filter housing? Just curious if anybody has heard or done this.

Thanks

2. elecblu

elecblu Member

Boltman, I sent you a message on your 2000 truck. Yes , I might be interested in truck only , no plow set-up as i already have a full Boss setup

3. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

On my 90 chevy I had a hard time finding oil cooler lines to replace my factory one (they were leaking ) so I didnt plug the lines but ran a short hose from one port to the other port. I was scared if I pluged the lines I would have messed up the oil route. My line was nothing special just a piece of hydrolic hose with some pipe thread to barb fittings. I just keep an eye on the hose everytime I have to get under the truck.

Brandon

4. MarioGMC

MarioGMC Junior Member

I had the same problem on my 1998 2500 with a 350vortex. I removed the lines and i think as well the fitting between the oil filter and the block. A regular oil filter will fit back in the spot. I noticed no difference in oil pressure and have been running like this for 6 years now.

5. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i plugged mine not a prob

6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Thanks for

the replies.