1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ever broken your side mirror's positioning mechanisms?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by monson770, Dec 29, 2011.

1. monson770

monson770 Senior Member

so i was getting a wash for the truck, and just before i pulled into the wash i tried to tuck my mirrors in...
    as i pull on the pass. side mirror it gives a little resistance, then just gives... sounded like a metal spring broke it's retainer or something.. all i can see is what looks like a retainer washer, but i've never taken a mirror apart, so i'm not sure if i should just buy a new one or tear it apart and fix it...

anybody that has taken their mirror apart, how big of a pain is it?

thanks everyone for posting!

2. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

I did the same on my 99 truck. I bougth the whole housing at amazon for like $40 bucks or something. Had the power angle mirror with it but I don't think it was heated. Couldn't get over how cheap it was.

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

yep, they are cheap, i put off replacing mine for the same problem because i figured they would be expensive.

I just got a powewr heated one, with the chrome, for about $40 shipped from Rockauto for my 02. takes like 5 mins to swap

4. bonerigo.1

bonerigo.1 Junior Member

when i had my windshield replaced the guy did that to the pass side. i had already broken the driver side and it just sat there and wiggled for about 6 months. they glued the mirrors back on and the only downside is i cant close them. got a great deal on the windshield too. 125 bucks

5. bossplow

bossplow Junior Member