1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ever been checked out?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by k1768, Feb 3, 2015.

1. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Working a fast food lot last night, guy in competitor lot next door. He pulls through my lot and goes back into his. No reason to do so, not like he needed to come through to turn around or anything.

I know I have a kick ass truck but it still seemed odd.
  2. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

the only time i get stared at is people see im 20 years old plowing in a super nice truck look at me like how the heck does he have that thing.

can't say ive never watched a competitor plow before. usually either they were doing so bad it was just entertaining or they had something interesting on their truck like a rear plow
  3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

We have a new guy in town who low bid a lot of the seasoned guys out of quite a bit of work. He does the local Tim Hortons now and I make sure to stop and pee and grab a coffee when I'm swinging through done my route and he's starting. I have never bid it, he's just a young guy and I know it probably rattles him when there's another plow jockey in the vicinity..lol. Damnit I used to be that young guy...
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Surprise you can remember that far back.

5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Noticed the truck of a competitor that does the local Wal Mart in town pull into a lot that we do (equal to a wal mart) a couple weeks ago. Next thing I see the manager of the wal mart pull up next to him. The wal mart manager gets out starts moving his arms and pointing, you can tell he's yelling at the guy wanting to know why his lot don't look as good as this one. We have delt with him in the past and he is a real ******, said he drives through that lot every morning to compare it to his.
  6. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Some guys just worry or are curious about there competition. I try to be friendly with other contractors, but some won't even wave.

To each his own I guess.
  7. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

You might be surprised, they're far more likely to be thinking "Look at that knucklehead, he could have had a down payment on a nice house for the money wasted on a rolling depreciation"..........
  8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

or some guys are so dillusional and self centered that they think everyone is "checking them out". probably the same guys that go to a bar and talk about how all the girls are "checking them out", but never talk to a single one.
  9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Hah! thats exactly what i'd be thinking!

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I wave at every plow truck , tractor , loader that I meet in the early morning plow runs . About half don't wave back , I like pissing them off . :laughing:
  11. grandview

You making fun of my business decision?
  12. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Guys wave back for the most part.. On the east side we all know each other.. I don't wave at the big companies..
    Unless its Brickman i usually yell out the window tell them how cool they are for working for them.. LOL
  13. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

I mostly just get stared at for stacking snow from my driveways into others people lawns

SNOMACHINE Senior Member

I wave at all the plow jockeys! Cause most of them call me to bring in the heavy iron to stack there snow since they just have trucks & skids! Money in the bank I say!
  15. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

You can sleep in a truck but you can't drive a house... Lol
  16. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Good one.
  17. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Never really had that, but with the Ebling on the truck it tends to draw attention more so now.
  18. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Grandview, do us all a favor...and never leave this site. Great laughs..Thanks:drinkup:
  19. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Nope, you CAN do both. :laughing:

20. grandview