1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Even w/ help, to much for the Ford?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butch74, Oct 8, 2002.

1. butch74

butch74 Junior Member

Some say yes, some say no. Factors, 1989 Ford 150 with Moog Cargo Coils and Rancharo 9000 on the front end. (possible Timberlins) Twin beam suspension (no axle). I have a 7.5 Meyer plow. Is this to much for the front end? Recreational plowing (my drive and neighbors) Thought or suggestions appreciated.

2. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

Butch74,

I don't see any problem with running a 7.5' plow on an F150. One of the trucks we currently run(85 F150) has an 8' western pro-plow with wings and no suspension modifications. Just align the front end and rotate tires, change shocks as needed. No problems to speak of

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You should have "no" problems with your Bronco holding the weight of a Meyer plow with just having the Moog Cargo Coils. Remember to add a few hundred pounds of weight to the back of the truck to keep it for nose diving on "hard" stops.

4. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

I have a 88 F150 4.9 straight 6 4 speed and I have never had a problem pushing anything in my way I just go low and slow and it will not stop. Granny gear helps also.