1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Euro tool carrier

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by dylan, Mar 12, 2006.

1. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

I havn't used it, but I would like more info.

Does it have angle cylinders?

Is it quick disconnect , or can you attach your loader arms with the carrier on?

The nice thing about having a loader mount plow is that you can see the full length of the plow in front of your tractor.

The bad part is that it makes you very long.

The nice thing about that euro carrier is that you shorten your tractor+plow.

The bad part is poor visibility of the blade.
  3. dylan

dylan PlowSite.com Veteran

I spoke briefly with the dealer today. He said he sells tons of them and they are quite popular now.

I agree with it making the tractor shorter. I'm finding my bucket just way too far out there. Makes it easier to turn around and work in smaller areas.

I don't think it is quick disconnect but I might be able to attach the loader and the tool carrier. That would be handy.

I don't think it angles. The plow would do that seperately.

The dealer is going to call me back so hopefully i'll get more info.
  4. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

any of you guys know where you can get the mounting pieces for one of those plow set ups? I see the link for the plow but nothing listed about the mounting brackets or hydraulics to raise and lower it. Can you put down pressure on the blade?

SD-Dave wesport
  5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I have a 10' Horst plow for my Case, but mounted on the loader, if you are going any larger then 10' then I would recommend the frame mount carrier as in the link, because of the extra weight and the extra stress on the loader arms. These plows and lift frames are availible in other mount styles, not just the euro.