1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Estimated Snow Accumulations For Eastern CT for the Nor'Easter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mikelandscaping, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Just got some information on a estimated guess of snowfall accumulations for the Nor'Easter Sunday night into Monday.Let’s go 2 to 4 inches for Sunday night and Monday morning. But its still too early in the game will refine more as i get recive more info.

2. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

3 stations I just watched said it was going Out to Sea. :eek:

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

im in southwestern its too early im waiting till sunday night to hook my plow up

4. Mikelandscaping

Southwestern CT might not get nething they are saying SE CT will get the most as they are closer the to low.

5. ztoro

ztoro Junior Member
    from NJ

I heard as of now its staying out to sea.... maybe some light snow but not enough to plow...... hope it changess

where are you hearing 2-4 inches?

6. PLOWMAN45

accu weather still says heavy snow with a possible cold xmas eve/day snow

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I think its too close to call.We might not get a major bomb storm this weekend but it doesn't take much to get us out sanding or even scraping.Everyone seems to be turning to this next storm on or around x-mas.Accuweather is showing rain for me in central ct :( maybe some ice at night.Its possible that low may go west and ride up through the great lakes we all know what that means.

8. Mikelandscaping

I havent seen anything with for a storm for christmas yet but i just recived more information that there will be a couple of inches in southeastern CT. Sorry for the snow plowers in northwestern and central CT. They are saying 3-6 just recived it through email. Ill keep you guys updated if anything else changes throughout the weekend. Southeastern CT will get the worst of this storm.

9. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Checking for Northwest CT and don't see much detail right now.

10. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Latest update storm is going to be to far out to sea :cry: .Maybe 1-3 for central CT.Hey i'll take anything right now

11. PolarBear

PolarBear Member

I held off putting the plows on, but finally did this morning...

So now we most likely won't get anything down here in swCT

12. Mikelandscaping

i just talked to Scot Haney from wfsb and he said that southeastern ct will get the most either way. He said the storm looks like it is coming closer than expected but things can still change. Keep ya Posted

13. WELDER

WELDER Member

how can they predict a storm on christmas when they cant even get tomorrows forcast right?........did they also predict a fat man and a sliegh comin in with it? :drinkup: .ill take it tho if it comes

14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Tell Scot to pratice is singing voice for Mondays storm :p
    I'm in the NE Conn and I hope to get a good storm I need to get out with the truck with all the new lights on it..

15. PLOWMAN45

is it me or does scott seem a little gay sometimes

16. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Accuweather is saying its heading out off the coast, they say 3"+ from the eastern shores into say the I-91 corridor in CT, west to around worcester in MA and all the way up into coastal Maine. I think we will get a plowable snow, heavy i don't know about. All they need to say is that there is a potential for 1" or more accumlation and give me the time frame. Then I just put the plows on and hope for alot of snow. It is looking like I will be mounting the plows sunday night but lots could change between now and then.