1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

estimate this lot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by GreenAcresMike, Dec 4, 2013.

1. GreenAcresMike

GreenAcresMike Junior Member

I am looking for input on pricing this corner lot. The customer wants a 2" trigger with the lot being plowed before 6am and again before 4pm. They want all side walks, including the public sidewalks along the street, shoveled as well and salted with the safest product on the market. He said the company who clears the lot next door is submitting a bid as well. The lot is about 140'x 40'. I am thinking $70 to plow and $100 for shoveling about 300ft of sidewalk up to like 4" or $100 per hour. Ice melt will be charged per bag. I have 9' Boss blade on my 2011 3500 Dodge. Let met me know what you think, its my first commercial lot.

Here is a link to the property. www.findlotsize.com/?place=631+w+main+jefferson+city+mo
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

like 40 bucks to plow. But then I wouldn't do it if I had to shovel anything.
  3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

I'd say ya $40 to plow, walks I'd say $70, safest product would prob be an enviro safe melt, prob about $20 per 20kg/45lb bag, you will use a bag per walk application.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't offer shoveling anymore too.....does that mean I'm getting old like you GV...I mean wiser ;)
  4. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Sounds like they have the money, and want superb service. I personally would ask for 100 per visit for everything, and add the material cost of ice treatment to that.
    Get a snowblower, and a power broom..
    If that sounds low, remember, it's a 2" trigger plus the 6am and 4pm. On a 10" event, you stand to make at least 500 bucks.

I promise you the other bidder is thinking low numbers too...volume is where the money comes from..

In your bid, be sure to tell them you are available on call, and have late model equipment....and give an overview of your insurances.
    Gotta sell yourself.
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well you know your price already turn it in and If don't get it You know you was to high
    I think your walk price is little high

I could see that lot going for 40-60 range and walks going for 50-60
  6. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

First if your going to be doing the sidewalks yourself,
    Get a Snow blower
    Rough Est is 20 minutes to Half hour for the sidewalk,
    I would write in the contract sidewalks done at storm end, and wait for the plow trucks to clear the road before you do them or else your going to be doing them several times. You can do the inner sidewalks when your there.

20 minutes to half plow to plow the lot
    don't forget the clean up if the cars are there during the storm your going to have to go back and clean up.

everything rolled into one price doing public sidewalks at storm end, You still have to add in your product cost to this.

1-2 $150
    3-4 $225
    5-6 $300
    7-8 $375
    Over 8 Every 2 inches up to 22 inches $100
    Over 22 inches Every 2 inches $200

"Warning :nono: Warning :nono: these are the prices payup we get for similar sites in our respective area of our State, these prices may be too high or too low for your area of your State"
  7. GreenAcresMike

GreenAcresMike Junior Member

thanks for all the input. I am a little high so I am going to go with $50 to plow and $60 for sidewalks with ice melt as an extra charge
  8. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

That's about what I would get. I would go $60 plow and $75 for the walks.